Chandler Support Report

ginau
on 10/29/08 1:05 am - mesa, AZ
 Chandler group  had a great meeting last evening ...

With approx 15 in attendance , we had some very nice chatter going in between  our topics.

We tried some New Food  Items to help us conquer our fears

Soy Noodles - low calorie,  protein & fiber - great alternative for spagetti

Texturized  Soy Protein -  uselike you would ground beef - Taco's anyone??

Spagetti Squash -  Imitation crab meat, & edamame 

at times we can always use more variety , I found some of that tonight

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 10/29/08 3:35 am - Layton, UT

....more on the Chandler Support Report....

For those who wanted the recipe for the mini cheesecakes:
2 pkgs 8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla (can cut back on vanilla a bit and add a squeeze of lemon if you like TART)
up to 1/2 cup Splenda (I prefer less than 1/2 cup)

Stir together and put tsp or so into small "petite" papers (mini muffin tin) and bake at 350 for about 4 minutes.  Don't let them brown or they are too dry.

To make these cupcake size, just put a sugar free vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cupcake paper and fill with cream cheese mixture about 2/3'rd up.  Bake 7 minutes at 350.

Toppings can vary to taste and season.
Thanksgiving= s/f apricot jelly with mandarin orange or pineapple, papaya piece, peach, etc.
Christmas-s/f pie cherry filling or strawberry sliced and fanned out...small piece of kiwi underneath makes it festive.

Big Skinny Wishes to Jackie and Beth who are both on deck with Dr. Schlesinger in the next few days!!!! 

Congrats to Elaine for hiking over 10 mountain miles last week!  Amazing!

High Fives to Ann I. for reaching goal and maintaining it!

Lisa, Theresa and Candi!  Weigh 2 work those bands!!!!  Big cheers for breaking plateau's, getting over the liquid phase and working out over 5 days a week!!!! 

Kara and Di, you MUST be in the upcoming Bridges fashion show!  You both Rep RE ZENT success!

And....remember, whether you are a banana, an apple, or an orange!  YOU have value!  You can be the best banana in the world and though some may like oranges better.....it does NOT take away your value as a banana!  Don't let the world mix up your fruit basket! 

November's meeting will be faciliated by Di.  She'll help us put together our "bucket list"!!

December's regular meeting will be cancelled and will meet instead on the 2nd Saturday for our annual Holiday Party.  Jeanna U is our host for this year and all details will be posted both on the AZ forum and on the Chandler yahoo site.

Ever think about the word "support"?  Support hose = helps us with circulation  and protects us from further trauma - Support binder = helps relieve pain and promotes healing 

Don't miss your "support" groups for November!!!!

C U there!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 7:17 am
It was nice meeting a lot of you, and the new foods were really great to try.

Joyce and Gina, you all have a great time in LA!

Bridges Center support groups meets on Tuesday, Novemeber 4th 6:30pm at Phoenix St. Lukes- see you all there!
flyrep
on 10/30/08 7:56 am - AZ
Hi ladies,

Can one of you email me when the next meeting is? I have a friend that will carpool with me to get to them. I also heard there is one out my way? Apache Junction? Anyone know of that one?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active