How many tubes of blood

ginau
on 10/28/08 1:20 am - mesa, AZ

I have the pleasure of getting blood work done in the next few days ,  of course I go and see all my Dr's in the same week so they can piggy back blood work - so I am not sent to the lab  for multiple pokes - I HATE NEEDLES !!!  one time I made myself so nervous I threw up on the tech.

So just a fun question ....

What's the highest number of tubes you have had pulled ??

So far 8 has been my heighest so far.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/28/08 1:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Hmmmmmm....6 or 8.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

ginau
on 10/28/08 1:37 am - mesa, AZ

I think Joyce told me  she recently had 13 ??  at that point  just pull a pint .

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Deanne K.
on 10/28/08 1:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Jeanna,
My highest was 16.  They pulled for every heavy metal they could get.
ginau
on 10/28/08 5:59 am - mesa, AZ
The oncologist added her test, Dr Novakovic added his and I have Dr S -- BUT  I am going to wait till next week to have em pulled , I have a well woman checkup on Wed , plus it gives me time to get some vitamins in.

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Ann M.
on 10/28/08 9:25 am - Peoria, AZ
I think my highest was 12 before the surgeries.  I wondered if they were just going to put in a spigot.  The worst test I had was the one I had to take for diabetes.  I think they poked me every 1/2 hour for 4 hours.  This was in the days when they used a separate needle and not the iv thing they use now.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Chris S.
on 10/28/08 12:23 pm - Tempe, AZ
Oh great now I am scared to death!

I don't mind the needles but I have very small deep veins that roll and I don't even know the last time the tech did not complain about my veins and twist and turn to find a vein.  They always have to use a butterfly and I can't imagine trying to get 12 tubes out of that.

EEK!
Most Active