D/S with Dr. Schlesinger

2xacharm
on 10/27/08 7:10 pm - GA
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had the D/S with Dr. Schlesinger? If so, please share your experiences.

Thanks
ginau
on 10/28/08 12:13 am - mesa, AZ

Doc has a bunch of fans on this board.  I had a revision with him in May.  I have a short comon channel like a d.s. - What would you like to know ?

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

demps
on 10/28/08 1:27 am
Hi,
I had a DS with Dr Schlesinger 2 months ago.  I am down nearly 100 pounds , with the pre-op loss included!
I went to a few docs in Ca but found the out of pocket costs way too high.  Dr S has a great program and Jen is the BOMB!
Let  me know if there is anything else you need to know!

ReCurve
on 10/28/08 9:32 am - Peoria, AZ
He's a great DR. And the DS is a great tool. First month was little rough and kind of scary, but I hear buyers remorse is common after WLS. I'd take a bullet for the man, he didn't just save my life, he gave me one.
Dawn T.
on 10/28/08 2:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had the D/S after having a non-adjustable band in 2001.  I haven't lost at the rate the guys have (I'm down about 45 lbs), but it's the best thing I've ever done!!  Dr. S is the greatest!!

keyboards 001
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 6:47 pm - AZ
Recurve,

I will take a bullet myself for this guy any day. I feel so lucky to have found him. He doesn't even yell at you if you screw up....
2xacharm
on 10/28/08 4:57 pm, edited 10/28/08 6:04 pm - GA

Thanks so much for responding folks,

I was getting a little concerned, someone had mentioned that he did not do the D/S but, I understood differently.  I chose him to do my revision because of all the wonderful things I heard about him and in speaking with him he seemed very much to be what I was looking for. I just wanted to make sure that someone at least had the D/S with him.

I feel better now, I too have BC/BS and am just getting started with my preop clearance. If I may did any of  you use his nutritionist Andie, and if so please tell me how many sessions you had to have with her? Also, please share any info  you think I should know. I am hoping to get cleared by the end of November and hopefully get a surgery date for December 2008.

Thank you so much!
ScottAZ
on 10/29/08 4:36 am - Charleston, WV
Dr. S & Jen are the Best.. You could not ask for two better people.  I am so thankfull that I got to use Dr S .  He did my rny 4 months ago.. He has helped me so much, I feel like i have a new life .. You can't go wrong with him...

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 6:44 pm - AZ
Hi 2xacharm,

Have you gone to any Dr Schlesinger's group meetings. Have I met you? He has them the 3rd Saturday of the month. You have picked a great doctor. He is so caring and kind. I have never met a doctor like him. He really wants to help us. I saw Andie 1 time before surgery. She was really nice.If I can help you in any way please PM me. 
Most Active