Question for AZ people

Nijaz79
on 10/21/08 3:33 am
Hello, my question is are there any marathons comming up in the PHX area? I am just getting into running and would like to try a marathon. So if you know of any please let me know..
JRinAZ
on 10/21/08 4:36 am - Layton, UT
Wow!  That is sooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!

I get charged right up when I hear about WLS pals who have embraced exercise and athetics!!!!

We have some folks in our Chandler Support Group who have done marathons.  In fact one girlfriend is getting ready for her THIRD P.F. Chang marathon since she has been a post-op!!!

I'm sure you can google "marathons in Phoenix" but the only one that comes to mind is the PF Chang.  I believe it's right after the Holidays. 

Here's a link that I have bookmarked but obviously my marathon plans are about walking and NOT running!

http://walking.about.com/od/marathonsusawest/Walking_Maratho ns_USA_West.htm

Let us know how things are going! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Paperboy
on 10/21/08 8:32 am
There are a number of different marathons in the valley with PF Changs definitely being the biggest.  Check out Active.com.  It has an event calendar for almost any sport.  Arizonaroadracers.com is a great site if you are only intrested in running.  Their calendar is very full with lots of great running events in AZ.

Good luck with your marathon.  That is on my list of things I want to do but I always seem to busy to put in the training time.  I'll just have to stick with the shorter stuff for now.

Todd
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 1:49 pm - AZ
Hey Paperboy,

I have not seen you post in a long time.....Where have you been ?

Dawn
Paperboy
on 10/22/08 12:50 am
Always lurking, rarely posting.
ginau
on 10/22/08 1:20 am - mesa, AZ
Hey E.G.D. Boy

How was your procedure ?? DiD  wifey take good care of you - LOL   ha ha hee hee

Seriously - hope you didnt feel a thing. and that Dr S gave you a sucker for being a good boy ! 
 I need to give Jenn the recipe  for Shrimp using that awesome Olive oil  you brought me last week-end.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Paperboy
on 10/22/08 1:26 am

The procedure went well.  Everything looks great which is the good news.  No problems with the lap band.  Bad news is I still have no idea what was causing my pain.  Luckily the pain is gone but I still would like to know what the heck the problem was.

Jen ran off and was talking to all her budies at the hospital while I was getting a camera shoved down my throat but at least she showed back up to take me to work.

ginau
on 10/22/08 2:25 am - mesa, AZ
I think its a psycho pain -  Holidays are coming on ....  Or that wife of yours is  making  you crazzy !!  Just kiddin..  

I am sure the Fabulous Dr S will figure it out ...  might just be internal  junk moving around  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 10/22/08 2:17 am - Layton, UT
Jeanna,
I have heard of the Olive place in Queen Creak and have wanted to go there.  I think I'll try and swing by this p.m. since I'll be out hanging with the grand daughters.  Your recipe sounds like a keeper!  How bout giving us exact measurements (or making them up!  LOL!)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

beckipoohbear
on 10/21/08 9:42 am - AZ
My sister's running group is training for the PF Chang's in January.  There is also the Fiesta Bowl in December where they are running a 1/2 marathon but I think there is also a full.  Then my sister is running a marathon in Sedona in February.  Then if you want the grandaddy of all Arizona marathons, try the Whiskey Row Marathon in Prescott (I think March or April), they also have 10K and 1/2 marathon lengths.  It is considered one of the toughest courses in the country because you basically run straight up Thumb Butte Mountain and back.  This was my mom's first marathon several years ago and I think she's a rock star for doing it!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Most Active