ginau
on 10/20/08 9:46 pm - mesa, AZ
Ok ladies

bacon & eggs - Hi fiber toast 1 slice

Shrimp coctail

roasted chicken

popcorn - I needed the fiber

2 protein  drinks

I am trying !!!!    send me wish's  for a better day today !

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nita S.
on 10/20/08 11:40 pm - Avondale, AZ
Hey there, I am wishing  as hard as I can for you to have a great no carb day.  By the way, I was once again denied.  Oh well, back to the drawing board, but I will never give up.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

ginau
on 10/21/08 12:39 am - mesa, AZ
Oh no !!!!

ya looking at  legal assistance at yet ?  Deanne had pretty good luck with it.  

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

JRinAZ
on 10/21/08 1:35 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhh Nita!!!   

Do you want to ride to Tucson with me on Saturday morning for an escape?  The scheduled seminar sounds like it can help "lift" us!!!  (www.makeitalifestyle.com)....   I"m looking forward to just hanging with wls buds and soaking in some inspiration... I know there is always at least one thing said or done that I personally need!.....Maybe just the right words for you too?  ....  It'll be nice to be at an event as one of the "kids" instead of having  to be one of the in charge worriers...    .....  We're going to have some very healthy fish together at the end of the day (Buddy's Seafood Grill...yummmeeee).  Let me know.....I'd love to chat with you while we drive!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 10/21/08 1:23 am - Layton, UT
Wellllll............Good news = over 123 protein grams for the day  Bad news =  hmmmmm......do Costco cookies constitute "bad" carbs????

I HATE myself!  I caved to a stupid cookie!!!  Then I felt like a failure so I made DH take me to Sonic for mozzarella sticks!!!!  He really did try to talk me out of it! 

Gheesh! 

So, I'm going to get up to 150 grams of protein today.  I have a seafood "louie" salad in the refrigerator ready for lunch (minus dressing)...so, the only carbs I plan on are the ones from the salad.....GOOD carbs!  and...my favorite Banana Scream protein mix came in the mail yesterday so I'll be slurping protein drinks all day long!!!

....yesterday was a healthier day than the day before!!!  I'm a work in progress!
Joyce 

Deanne K.
on 10/21/08 1:46 am - Tucson, AZ
Joyce,
You did well yesterday.  Don't beat yourself up.  I broke down for a M&M's.  Bad girl.  I did well the rest of the day.  Now have to break the cycle of the protein bars.  Not good.  Any ideas of what to substitute.  I have to eat upon waking up, I can't get going and the bars are always quick to eat with a piece of fruit.  Help any quick ideas?  I need to go shopping and get some eggs for hard boiled.
JRinAZ
on 10/21/08 4:13 am - Layton, UT
Hey Deanne girlfriend!  ..... I think you answered your own question on the protein bars dilema!  LOL!  ......HARD boiled eggs upon waking is perfect!!!  It's totally always about planning ahead for me  AND...having things available that I know will satisfy my personal taste buds!!! 

It's like, I can have some grilled, chicken in the refrigerator for days til it gets tossed.....cuz, even though I know it would make a nice healthy protein meal, it just doesn't sound good to me very often.  My DH wonders why I keep puting it on my shopping list.  Hmmmm???

So, what can you have in the a.m. that sounds good to YOU?  My a.m. ALWAYS starts with a protein drink first thing.  Sometimes I sip it while driving to work.  And then I almost always have some eggs at some point in the day.  I can eat breakfast for each and every meal! .....For work, the hard boiled eggs are handy and healthy.  Jeanna bought some microwave omellette tray or something like that where she just poors in some egg beaters, adds a little cheese and has that at work.

Morning ideas=  cottage cheese with your favorite fruit, or with a tsp of sugar free strawberry jam....can be pkgd the night before so you get it first thing........I also like cottage cheese over salted, juicy, big ripe tomatoes!

Anyway.....the point is finding YOUR faves, having them ready to grab when the grabber needs something NOW!!!!   Protein bars won't kill you UNLESS they are triggers for CARB nibbling?  Or, unless you're having more than one or so a day instead of healthy "clean" foods.  .....  It's questionable how much actual protein we absorb from anything other than the whey isolate protein drinks.

I went to the gym this morning and I'd lost FOUR pounds!  Yikes!!!!  That was NOT the reason I wanted to boost my protein sooooooo......now, I've got to consider "drinking" more calories!!

I am good so far this morning.  Crab & mushroom omellette!!!  ......  I have enough leftover for later too.

We CAN push the protein!  ....No Costco cookies for me and No M & M's for YOU today
Joyce 

ginau
on 10/21/08 6:00 am - mesa, AZ
Joyce

I must admit I was Bad today ... Them darn Dark Chocolates from Laurie G  are Da Bomb !!!  the one with Orange is awesome ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Deanne K.
on 10/21/08 1:01 pm - Tucson, AZ
Ok you guys,
What foods are you eating that don't cause the extreme gas!!!!   It seems all I eat causes me such horrible gas pains.  Tell me it will get better!!!  I am at my wits end, not knowing how to keep the pain away.  Please give me some ideas.  Did get some Gax-X tonight and a new binder (the old one is too big) and sitting at my desk for 9 hrs without it is still very painful.  I didn't think going back to work would be that bad.

What I learned so far that causes problems,
Carrots, Broccoli, popcorn (obviously).

It seems like when I eat the healty stuff, I have more problems. 
Gena L.
on 10/21/08 2:57 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hate to say this.....I wondered why I was having gas pains at 6 months post-op as they had stopped by the 4 month. Well, it wasn't gas....it was a bad appendix. My mom had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad gall bladder. I will hope you do NOT have to have another surgery!

Most Active