Bad Nasuea and UTI

vixen_luv
on 10/17/08 6:42 am - phoenix, AZ
I was in the er tuesday because I thought I was dehydrated.  Turns out I have a UTI, but while I was there they did  an upper GI to make sure everything was ok.  They said it was.  But ever since this I have been extremely nasueous and have not been able to keep any food down.  Could this be from the UTI you think.  Today I can barely keep liquids down.

Robin
Deanne K.
on 10/17/08 6:57 am - Tucson, AZ
Robin,
Sorry to hear you are still having a hard time.  Have you talked to Dr. Schlesinger?  Have you taken any anti-nausea medication?
Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 7:05 am - AZ
Hi Robin,

Did they give you a antibiotic for your UTI ? A antibiotic can make you nauseous and even a UTI can make a person sick to there stomach's. I would call your doctor because it is almost the weekend. Do you have any anti nausea pills or suppositories?  I hope you feel better .

Dawn
ginau
on 10/17/08 7:12 am, edited 10/17/08 7:12 am - mesa, AZ
Hey Lady

I stopped in to see you in the  E.R. but you  had ben taken to x-ray.   Sorry I missed you.   what are you trying to eat ?    have you tried to water down some cranberry juice -  low cal  and very week  or even cranberry pills  might help - ask Dr S about them ,  You need to get something you can keep down ,,,  what has worked well in the past for you ??

and Yes ask him about some  meds for the oooky feeling ... Will we see you at group ?  Try eating a  tablespoon of smashed potatoe  before you get out of bed ... Yes I did say smashed potatoe !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

vixen_luv
on 10/17/08 8:00 am - phoenix, AZ
I have zofran and phenegren, neither are working very well.  I talked to dr s.'s office and we decided since my upper gi was ok i should call my pcp.  I am gonna try to get in tomorrow i have to call in the morning otherwise wait til monday.  I just got a popscicle down.  I will try to go to the support group tomorrow it depends on how i feel.
JRinAZ
on 10/17/08 8:51 am - Layton, UT
Hey there friend!
Sorry you are feeling so yucky!  ....That's a rough way to lose a pound or 2!!!......If popscicles work then maybe you can trick yourself into sucking down one with a little protein added with?  .....Maybe a homemade pudding pop with flavorless protein and frozen?  ......Sip sip sip the best you can....you've got to be strong to get strength!!!

Hugggzzz to you!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Lori G.
on 10/18/08 6:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
Nausea is normally one of the number one side effects of dehydration, which also might have caused your UTI.  It becomes a "hamster wheel" one thing effects the other.  If you do not drink your 64oz of hydrating fluids/day, then you will become dehydrated and secondarily a UTI.  You need to make sure you are drinking your HYDRATING FLUIDS each and everyday.  With the weather cooling down, it does not seem as crucial, but it is.  You may want to try some pedialyte (diluted) and/or G2 (Gatorade Sugar Free) or Powerade Zero. These will help to replenish your electrolyes and help you with the hydration. Once you become depleted on your fluids, it is tough to catch up so try and overexceed the limit of fluids for rehydration.  You should start to feel better soon.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Most Active