Possibly A New Bariatric Program for West Valley?!?!

motiv8ted2l0se
on 10/16/08 4:19 pm - El Mirage, AZ
For anyone who might be interested, I thought I would share a little rumor/gossip.  I work in the OR at local hospital here in the west valley.  I got a call today from Banner Estrella asking if we or another local hospital perform any bariatric surgery.  I told her that I could say that without a doubt there is no program over here on our end.  I gave her the names of the programs/hospitals I was aware of and told her that I am considering having the surgery done myself.  Due to my insurance my two choices are Banner Good Sam or Banner Gateway.  I then asked if they were considering starting one at Estrella and she said that they are considering it, but they wanted to see if anyone else on our end of town is performing them.  I told her no, and she said she would keep me updated! I told her to get a couple good surgeons, a program set up, and I will be ther first patient!! LOL.  Anyways, in case their is anyone out there that is a future op patient....there may be something closer to home soon!
Nita S.
on 10/17/08 6:44 am - Avondale, AZ
If Dr Schlesinger is one of the doctors, I would be right behind you.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Ann M.
on 10/17/08 9:34 am - Peoria, AZ
Way to go, I wonder if we could put a bug in their ear to recruit Dr. S. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
motiv8ted2l0se
on 10/17/08 10:41 am - El Mirage, AZ
That would be marvelous.  Next time I speak with her I will mention him.!!!
Most Active