Weight loss effect on monthly cycle

cmego
on 10/10/08 5:37 pm
I am curious if weight loss impacts anyone else's monthly cylce? I use to be about 28 days but the past few months it has been about 21 days...and sometimes less.
I have hair loss, too. I remember I had that during both my pregnancies and I know that has to do with hormones, so I am assuming that the weight loss effects the hormones which explains the frequent visits from TOM?
Has this happened to anyone else? How long does it last? Should I do anything?
Thanks,
Chantel
04/01/08 Dr. Simpson
265/250/242/188.5/139
JRinAZ
on 10/11/08 12:22 am - Layton, UT

Hiya Chantel!!!  So cool to see a Doc Simpson patient posting!!!!  Welcome! ............I have been surgically "altered" and don't have any personal experience to share (with that issue anyway, LOL!)........but, from working in the biz for quite a while, I know it is VERY common to have cycles thrown off....hair and nails messed up......emotions out of whack.......all kinds of issues that have to do with anesthesia leftovers, rapid weight loss, low protein, and HORMONES!!!  What does your Doc tell you?  (Oh, btw, I understand that another side effect is often becoming VERY Fertile!!!!  Watch out!!!)

Give it time....push the water, the walking, the protein, your vitamins.........your body will soon realize that you mean business with this weight loss lifestyle and that you are NOT going to supply it with any more fat to "carry on" as in the past!!!!

Congrats on your Fabulous weight loss!!!!  (btw...I'll be at your support group with Dr. Mazaheri this month.....C U there????)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

cmego
on 10/12/08 10:22 am
Thanks for the welcome. I was active on this in the beginning and then I focused on losing weight.  I only kept my blog on OH up and I don't post much.
My cycle is so short now...I hope it returns to normal soon. If not, I may be visiting my GYN. My hair is definetly falling out, too.
I guess I will continue drinking lots of water, eating protein first and taking my vitamins. And wait for body to catch up.
I will be at Dr. Simpson's support group on 10/14. Is that the one you are talking about? Who is Dr. Mazaheri?
Best,
Chantel
JRinAZ
on 10/13/08 9:21 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Chantel!
I won't see you on the 14th.  We'll be at the Thursday evening support group on Thursday the 23rd.  Dr. Mazaheri is a plastic surgeon who specializes in Body Contouring for weight loss patient's.  He's been taking care of lots and lots of loose skin in AZ for years!  His results are chatted about by many WLS peeps around the state and so he is often invited to present at support groups.  He shows a slide show of zillions of his patient's "before & after" pics and answers any questions that people have regarding plastic and reconstructive surgery.

If you can't make it that night but are interested then just give me a call (I just started working for him!  Wooooooo Hooooooo!) and I'll either give you answers or find them out for you!
W 480.951.4343  or [email protected]

And....about that hair ......consider a hot looking wig!!!!  I'll be breaking mine out at the O.H. L.A. event!!!!!  I'm pushing protein and vites to try and get some hair back but in the meantme.....I've got the Hanna Montanna look! !

Hope to meet you soon!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

cmego
on 10/13/08 9:50 am
I will see you then on 10/23. I attend all the support meetings I can. I am looking forward to learning more and seeing all of the wonderful results. It is probably to early for me to do anything, but it is never to early to learn about my options.
Best,
Chantel
ginau
on 10/13/08 12:51 pm - mesa, AZ
Joyce

No one will believe it's a wig !!!  extensions maybe - but it looks so natural on you ...  I am still looking for a new one..   Gotta hit that sale this week ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Azskyprincess
on 10/11/08 4:38 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Yea Good Ole Auntie flo has RNY issues ...they were pretty bad for the first 10 mo's the past 2 I have hardley noticed ...only lasting a day or so ...but my dates changed month to month so I always had to be ready...

Start/Goal/Today
245/145/112
cmego
on 10/12/08 10:25 am
I hope it stablizes! I don't know if I would like not knowing each month if it was going to be 21 days, 28 days or 32 days!
Most Active