Gena L.

20candy07
on 10/10/08 11:17 am - Tolleson, AZ
You are looking great!!!  Wow.......Keep up the good work!  I love the fact that we all that are and have lost weight are looking so much younger.  It's just wonderful....

Gena L.
on 10/10/08 2:37 pm - Sun City, AZ
You recognized old baldy?  LOL!  My hair has sure taken a beating but I am down 71 pounds and thank you for the compliment!

Were you at the OH Event?  I looked for you as I wanted to meet you so we could discuss our old nemisis fine dining ;-)

Gena

JRinAZ
on 10/11/08 12:14 am - Layton, UT
Gena!  Your cute hairless head does NOT need to be an issue!!!!  You need to make a date with our very own Jeanna U and have a girl's day out trying on WIGS!!!!!  Oh my gosh!  Wait til you see my "new" look!  ......  My DH was chasing me around the house til I let him catch me when I came home with my long blonde hair!!!!  LOL!  ........ Now I've just got to build up the courage to wear it in public!  .........Miss Jeanna thinks I should just throw it on every day!!!!  ...........I'm off to their wig sale next week to get a "short" dark or RED look next!!! ..........I've never been much for accessories as in jewlery but this is a kind of FUN fussy thing to play with!!!!  ......  My late adolescence experimentation in a harmless way........

Go for it!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Gena L.
on 10/11/08 6:57 am - Sun City, AZ
I am sure my DH would love the long blonde hair but I do not do wigs....they give me migraines LOL!  Go for dark....it is flirty and very sassy with the right style.  You don't look like red head to me.

Gena

20candy07
on 10/11/08 10:28 am - Tolleson, AZ
Hi Gena,
No I didn't go.  My hair is so thin I didn't want to be seen in public yet.  I wear a hat most of the time.  I did go out and buy a piece of hair at Sunny's to throw on the back of my ponytail shortly after on Jeanna and Joyce's advisement.  I may go back and get me a blonde wig...hehehe or a dark brown longish hair. 
I just got back from a Korean restaurant that was very good.  I had a soup with tofu, ground beef and shrimp that was really tasty.  My son had a bbq beef with lettuce and made wraps.  All high in protein. 
You look wonderful!  Everyone looks great.  I can't believe how much younger we all look with out puffed up faces.  There are very gorgeous faces in waiting once the weight comes off. 
I'm about 13 pounds from my goal and already down to a size 8 petite.  I'll be leaving those soon.  I think we lose big on the inches side. 
Can't wait til my hair grows back.  I don't even see any fuzz growing underneath yet.
I just wanted to let you know how great you look.  I'm also anxious to see how Cassi is doing as well.

Gena L.
on 10/11/08 12:03 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi Candy,

I swore I would not worry about my hair.  I have had several other major surgeries and lost hair then too.  My hair was turning silver, now with the RNY surgery it really went gray fast and has turned fine. I am an old hair dresser from years ago and when I realized how much I had lost and how the texture had changed ...well my hairdressers always complained how much hair I had. I have gotten so very little protein in until about 2 weeks ago that it could concieveably  stay this way forever but I hope not. I have just now found a powdered protein I can tolerate. So..........I know how you feel, my scalp will burn if I am outside in the sun for very long! No fuzz for me either but Joann, my stylist, is watching for it...she says she has seen a lot of people loose hair for different reasons but she was really dumbfounded how mine has changed. I can not wear wigs...tried many years ago and they made me nuts and gave me bad headaches.

I am about 43 pounds from goal and my mother is concerned I am going to loose too much weight. I oversee the care of an elderly aunt who is in a care Center...she did not recognize me today but she has advancing dementia.  I am down 72 pounds but oh the difference in inches is unbelievable! I used to wear an 8 petite and I would like to be there again...but that quite a ways away. I now have about 13 pounds of extra skin under my chin and around my neck LOL!

I had hoped to meet both you and Cassie...I did not see her nor hear her name mentioned at the OH Event.  Do you attend the Chandler support meetings? Perhaps Ann and I can drive over one day for your meeting. I lived in Tempe and East Mesa and know my way around pretty well, but since my cataract surgery I do not drive in unfamilar areas after dark. 

I don't believe I have ever eaten in a Korean restaurant. I want to try Vietnamese food but DH says he has no desire...the man prefers lobster, scallops, scrod, steak etc...he is from Boston...he knows good food but he is not adverturesome with his eating.  Take care and enjoy this wonderful weather. I have my house opened up and I am sitting here in my BIG BAGGY sweats and enjoying them before I have to give them away.

Gena

Most Active