Good Morning Arizona !!!

ginau
on 10/6/08 11:59 pm - mesa, AZ

The weather is getting cooler, the Sun still shines, lbs of fat  are dropping of us all. 

So what  are we doing to get our Heart Beat up ? Our water in ?  Vitamins ?? 

How about an update  on  Where your at in your weightloss journey ? 

Me - Happy  to be a looozer - Down   to my lowest weight in 15 yrs !!!  

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/7/08 1:00 am - Tucson, AZ
I am the lowest I have been since grade school.  I still find it hard to believe.  I am more than "happy to be a loser". 

I am taking my multi vitamin, calcium, iron, vitamin C, B-12 everyday and drinking at least one protein shake in the mornings.  Throughout the day I am drinking my water and I still don't drink half hour before and after meals.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 10/7/08 1:40 am - Layton, UT
I LOVE this time of year!!!!  I'm so glad you asked everyone what they're up to!!!!  I get some fabulous ideas from the buds on this site!!!!

I have recently renewed acquaintances with old walking friends and am up at at the crack of dawn with malty-pooh on the leash and doing some brisk miles while chatting and catching up!  Whew!  I'll admit to coming home hungry.....which is also a new healthy feeling!  LOL!  .....  I have dusted off old recipe books and have whipped up some fab breakfasts!  I made protein crepes for a Sunday brunch for 17 adults and a bunch of wee ones.  Noone even had a clue they were getting a delicate little crepe with 13 grams of protein!!!!  LOL!  ......I'm planning out healthy meals ahead of time so I don't go forraging through the fast food drive throughs when I'm all of a sudden "starving"!

Life is great!  My new job allows me time for ME again!  ......Dr. Mazaheri totally rocks!!!!

I'm considering some challenge "events" in the future.  Is anyone interested in doing some weekend 5 or 10K's with me?  Nothing competitive....just an adventure.......something to use as mini goals towards the bigger stuff????  Let me know!!!! .... I'm also game to meet for hikes!

And....if anyone would ever like to meet for a ZUMBA class.....shoot me a pm!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 10/7/08 2:42 am - Tucson, AZ
Speaking of ZUMBA classes:  For all you Tucson Eastsiders I saw a ZUMBA class on Pantano and 22nd.  I bought the videos so I'm not checking it out but thought some of you might be interested.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

FLGail
on 10/7/08 6:25 am - Sun City, AZ
hi, I am back to drinking my protein shakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It defintely helps me to maintain. I am also busy getting ready to eventually come out  to AZ. Will keep you all posted. Will need to defintely know where all the support groups are.      Gail
Garys
on 10/7/08 2:44 pm - Mesa, AZ
A quick update,

As a bander in a bit of a different boat here.

Taking a liquid multi every morning just to make sure. I am doing much better with the water but find myself sipping coffee now and again, working on that.

Still have not gotten to the "Magic Sweet spot" on restriction yet but am not suffering from hunger. Discipline and portion control goes a long way. On a positive note I have not had a single incident with puking, sliming or any other negative side effects.

I have lost nearly 100 pounds since February of this year. (First Surgeon consult) and about 50 pounds since Surgery in early June. Weight loss has slowed quite a bit but I still hope to hit first year goal at the year mark.

My fitness has vastly improved.

In February I could not walk 100 yards without being winded, using a 4 prong walking cane.

This morning I did over a mile on a treadmill at the gym, before leaving for my 9 hour workday. I should be done with my even smaller cane about Halloween I hope. I go to the gym 6 days a week.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

ginau
on 10/8/08 1:44 am - mesa, AZ
Gary 

You are doing awesome !!! you are an inspiration  !

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Garys
on 10/8/08 1:37 pm - Mesa, AZ

Thanks Jeanna!

I am working hard but have a long way to go.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Most Active