Nervous about surgery

Chrisca
on 10/4/08 5:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi...my surgery is scheduled for Oct 20, and I must say that I was very excited at first but now I am very nervous.  I am trying to figure out the liquid diet the I must be on for a couple of weeks, regarding the lean meats and green veggies.

Any suggestions that may help me with this?
azrosebud07
on 10/4/08 6:20 am - Chandler, AZ
I am right there with you there........except I wasn't told I could have veggies, seems there is a wide variance in what people's pre-op diet is.  I am only on day three and am already sick of it and wondering how the heck I am going to do this for another 11 days!   Only suggestiong I have is to try a bunch of different shakes, if for now other reason, than to give yourself some variety.  Find some recipes too that should help. 

Good luck - I know we can do this.... I keep seeing that really the 7 days prior to surgery are the most important so if you slip up a little prior just dust off your feet and keep on plowing through!

Jackie

Chrisca
on 10/4/08 1:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Jackie,

I was told to mix sugar free jello and pudding with my protein shakes as well as 1 - 2 meals with lean meats and all the green veggies I wanted and 1 cup of fruit except for bananas.  I am not sure if I will eat all that because I want to condition myself to being able to follow a strick diet after the surgery.

Good Luck to you ask well
Most Active