What am I doing wrong???

Nita S.
on 10/4/08 2:36 am - Avondale, AZ
I have been following the thread about the 2 week pre-op diet for Dr Schlesinger.  I am extremely hopeful to have my revision this year  My question is, I have been doing all protein drinks for the past 2 weeks or so, and have not lost one pound!!!  My family is getting a little upset with me, as I am not eating with them at meal time.  I drink anywhere from 4 to 6 drinks a day, and most days nothing else.  Yes on the days that I do eat solid food it is protein only.  Chicken, fish, beef....  I know that I will be required to do this for at least 2 weeks prior to having my revision, so what gives???  any suggestions? 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Garys
on 10/4/08 4:14 am - Mesa, AZ

I am not sure,

When I did the liquid diet thingy for Dr S, I lost a lot of weight.

Any details on what type of protein shake you are doing, are you mixing with milk, water?

I was doing 3-4 shakes a day, (Nectar) mixed with water only.

Are you getting any excercise in? during my pre-surgery time I was water walking -swimming for 45 minutes a day several days a week etc.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Nita S.
on 10/4/08 4:38 am - Avondale, AZ
I am doing champion stack with water.  I just started doing water areobics 3 days a week for 1 hour.  I am hoping to up that to 5 days a week next week.  So this really has me stumped. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Garys
on 10/4/08 5:01 am - Mesa, AZ

I am at a loss, Because you are a revision candidate, I know that there are differences in how you process calories versus a pre/post lapbander like myself.

On a positive note; there may be a chance that you are actually losing some weight in fat but gaining some in muscle to offset the other due to your water aerobics.

Have you noticed any reduction in inches anywhere? I have read that some people here reach weight plateaus but during those times actually lose inches.

We can hope that this might be happening in your case.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Most Active