Question

ScottAZ
on 10/2/08 6:19 am - Charleston, WV

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to know if it is common at 3 months out to still be tired all the time. I am getting like 8 or 9 hrs of sleep most nights. And still tired during the day, and feeling weak a lot of the time. Any ideas?

Thank you

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

ginau
on 10/2/08 7:00 am - mesa, AZ
Di you have blood work yet ??? Could be  vitamin issue  B-12,

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

liveinphx
on 10/2/08 7:33 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am at 3 months also and just had my labs done by my PCP. I have found that so long as I keep my protein and water up I do OK. At least 60 gms of protein and 64 oz of liquids a day seems to work OK for me. I try to get between 600-800 cals a day. i don't have a job that is very physical and I suppose that helps.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
ginau
on 10/2/08 7:38 am - mesa, AZ
Hey

did you make it to the Phx Event ??  I missed seeing you ..  sounds like  your doing great.

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

liveinphx
on 10/2/08 8:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had planned on attending and even had a ticket but a friend was in crisis so I spent the day with her instead. Maybe next year, or maybe Buddy Messer will give an encore performance.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
JRinAZ
on 10/2/08 12:45 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there!
We missed you .....BUT.....kudos to you for being available to a needy friend!  .....As for Buddy and an encore.....I'm all over that one!!!  He didn't actually speak at the O.H. event (didn't work out for his schedule) but, he said he'd love to in the future!  .....  I think O.H. would only need to post a 2 second clip of him smiling (best dimples in the world!) and the event would be PACKED!!!!

His presentation on relationships after WLS is FABULOUS!!!! I'm hoping he'll agree to speak to our grad group sometime soon.  AZ Grads of WLSOHGroups

There are some other WLS events coming up?  Can you join us?  Tucson on the 25th?  L.A. on Halloweeeeeeeeen!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 10/2/08 12:52 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there handsome!
How ya doin on the protein count?  Pushing all those zillions of vitamins?  (ADEK, zinc, copper, multi, B complex, sublingual b12, D3, biotin, etc.)

You've lost like 10 people's worth of weight in 5 minutes!  Your body may want to lie down and think about it for a while!

My energy seriously didn't kick back in until 7 months post-op!  That's when I got serious about my protein grams and pushing the numbers up over 100.  I noticed my hair is taking a little peek out of the root area again so maybe it's all tied in with the big "P" stuff.

Take a nice nap, check in with your doc, then sip sip sip some protein while lounging next to your lovely Palm Springs pool!!!

Pump it up dude!  You've got to have some energy for the L.A. weekend!

Feel better soon!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ScottAZ
on 10/2/08 1:27 pm - Charleston, WV
I have been sitting here all day trying to figure out what I have been doing wrong. I am getting all my protein in (100-120g) per day . drinking around 150 oz of water( all i do is sip sip sip).
Well I have been bad , this is what i think it might be.... I keep forgetting to take my multi.... and my b12

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

ginau
on 10/2/08 11:46 pm - mesa, AZ
Scott

Put your vitamins in a place where you have to see them.  on bedside ?? I keep mine at work on my desk in front of my monitor - That way I know I need to take one.

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Lori G.
on 10/3/08 5:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
It sounds as though you are getting your protein and HYDRATING fluids, so you need to  make sure you are taking good quality vitamins.  A lot of inexpensive vitamins use glues and fillers that have difficulty breaking down in the pouch with such a small amount of digestive enzymes, so they are not easily absorbed.  It is very important to take your vitamins everyday, since you are not able toabsorb enough through your foods.  You will have to take these forever so create a schedule so that it becomes a habit.  Soon, you will begin to feel better!
Best Wishes...

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Most Active