Denied once again

Nita S.
on 9/29/08 3:07 pm - Avondale, AZ
I do more lurking here than anything, so let me introduce myself, I am Nita from Avondale.  I have been trying to get approval for a revision for the last few months.  It has been an uphill battle, and have lost once again.  I refuse to give up.  I have to get some more documentation to prove that I have had a bmi of over 35 for the last 2 years.  Right now I am at a loss for words, and need to sleep on it.  I just needed to vent a little, and when I get my composure, I will go into more detail.  thanks Nita 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Deanne K.
on 9/29/08 4:10 pm - Tucson, AZ
Nita,
Whatever you do don't give up.  Fight them to the end.
Deanne
Nita S.
on 9/29/08 11:16 pm - Avondale, AZ
Thanks Deanne, I have no intentions of giviing up.  I will fight this till I have no more breath in my body.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

ginau
on 9/29/08 10:33 pm - mesa, AZ

Nita

2 questions  Who & Why ??  ( reasons )  you & I both know it can be appealed ,,  if it worth having - its worth a fight to get it !  Hang in there ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nita S.
on 9/29/08 11:19 pm - Avondale, AZ
I guess the who is United health care and the why is because I do not have documintaion for 2 years of a bmi of over 35.  I will go back to the drawing board and get my past doc records and get the ammo eh info I need.  Thanks

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/08 6:50 am - AZ

Nita,

Don't give up. It is time to pull out the big guns. I think I would get a lawyer. It seem the UHC likes to deny everything. I had that insurance last year. They denied many things and I reported them to the State of Az Insurance Regulators. I got most of my denials over turned. If there is anything I can do, call me. I miss you from the WLS West Side group.

Deanne K.
on 9/30/08 1:23 pm - Tucson, AZ
Nita,
You can contact Walter & Kelley Lindstrom at Obesity Law & Advocacy Center.  I used them for my revision appeal with UHC and was approved.  I had to have a bmi of over 40, so if they are saying over 35 then you should be fine.  Get all the information together that you can.

Deanne
Azskyprincess
on 10/4/08 10:51 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I also had UHC my BMI was 35 I had a few medical issues never had a problem getting the big OK ...just have your Dr's pull your weights out of the records send them in...I had all of that in my file before it was sent in ...UHC was great !!
Ann M.
on 9/30/08 12:17 am - Peoria, AZ
Nita, it's time to do the lawyer thing.  UHC is just being stubborn and I bet they cave in when you get an attorney involved.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
JRinAZ
on 9/30/08 3:03 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Sweet Nita friend!

I hope you've had a day surrounded by those who love and support you and who also encourage you to kick it up a notch!!!  Why any insurance would be so nit picky as to need evidence that you were "exactly" over a certain amount when you are clearly there now and needing HELP!!!.....gasp....is beyond me!  Whoosh!  I almost ran out of air before finishing that long winded run-on sentence!

You are in my heart sweetie pie!  If I could put on my lawyer's hat  for you then I would.....but, I can put on my "mad as heck" hat and break a few things in your behalf!!!!  ....  Y'know...where there's a will there's a weigh.....oooops!  I think that is "way"! 

You'll be on the healthy - skinny slide before you know it!  You inspire many of us with your fortitude!!!

Big Hugggzzzz!

Joyce
Most Active