Need help Dr. Juarez's office.........

klyn13jwl
on 9/29/08 10:44 am, edited 9/29/08 10:44 am - Lakeside, AZ
Hey..........I haven't had the ABC's of Bariatric Surgery and my surgery is on Monday, October 6.  I was wondering if anyone had Dr. Juarez's meal plan or his book, and wasn't using it anymore........could I possibly have it?  Kelly told me to call her on Wednesday and we would talk about it (what is IT?) and the Nutritionist would stop by and see me while I was in the hospital.   ????????????  I was under the impression that NO ONE could have the surgery until they had the ABC"s of BS.
Thanks,

Kellyn  :)

260/245/145/124 
  I think I'm ready to stop now!
JRinAZ
on 9/29/08 11:00 am - Layton, UT

Hiya Kellyn,

I'm sure they'd love each and every patient to be as well informed as possible.  Sometimes they need to accomodate those who have tight schedules, are from out of town, etc.  I know they used to have the ABC's on video for those who couldn't make the class.  Maybe that's what Kelly means by talking about "it" on Weds. 

When you check in for surgery on Monday, just make sure you have all the info needed for your first few weeks post-op.  I would assume they'd be mailing (or faxing?) the basics to you this week? 

How about shooting Jenel an e-mail ([email protected]) and asking for at least the grocery list so you can get your shopping done for your post-op recovery phase?  She's awesome and will certainly want you to succeed and be informed.

Oh my goodness.......you are just a few sleeps away from your new life!!!! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

klyn13jwl
on 9/29/08 1:47 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Hi and thank you for the encouraging words .

I have been shopping like a mad woman for my post-op diet......meal.......food.    Talk about a headache!!  I bought a slushie machine, Benefiber orange chewables, Centrum (Equate) chewable children's vitamins, Hibiclens, Phosphosoda X2, Gladware: 8 containers & lids: 4 oz. X 2 & Cream of Wheat.... but this was all guesswork from what I could get off the responses on the 'Weight loss forum".

Thank you very much....I am starting to get very nervous!!

260/245/145/124 
azrosebud07
on 9/30/08 5:18 am - Chandler, AZ
It would be great if we could get a list of things that would be helpful to buy for Post-Op.  I too am now trying to do some research to figure out what I might need.
JRinAZ
on 9/30/08 3:24 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there "lil Angellette!

So good to see you chattin away on the boards!  .......  Don't you just love this supportive bunch!!!

soooooo.......a possible hosp & post-op list could include: (me thinks the group will help me out with this one since other's like this list as well....)

1.  chapstick (something smooth and minty)
2.  tummy pillow to hold snuggly when the nurse makes you cough!  Ouch!
3.  Slippers with covered heels so you don't slip out of them when walking (or, just enjoy the hospital throw aways they give you; they have the rubber treads)
4.  personal fan if you run hot--laptop fuzzy blankey if you run cold
5.  a tall dark and handsome dude to hold your hand and help you walk  ( I went for the blonde variety :-)
6.  Crystal light singles so when they want you to sip you can have a little bit of flavor (stay away from the citrussy types though cuz it may inflame your tender insides)

after? .....Recliner!  Heat pad, Cold compresses
the basics should be:  protein samples (can order from www.vitalady.com), protein, protein, protein, ....and protein!  (Any Whey is flavorless and great to stir into things)
sugar free jello, popscicles, pudding
Crystal Light, Propel or other zero to few calorie drinks
broths (I think the strained broth off of normal soup tastes better than cans of broth)
Some programs have you start with a little cream of wheat (ick, icki, yuck)
Next phase gets fun:
yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans, mashed potatoes, etc.....

You'll get a detailed list from your program folks and then  can call them every day just to say hi and ask them what they think you should eat that day! 

You are going to zoom into healthy and skinny!!!!  Counting down the days........

Big Hugggzzzz,

Joyce ~~ AT GOAL ~~ Finding Joy in the Journey!

klyn13jwl
on 9/30/08 5:42 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Thank you soooo very much, Joyce!  You are truely incredible!  I love your ***** and love for life!  You make me want to be more like you!    Thanks for all your help.........and BTW...........My Honey also has more of a blonde/brown.....no tall, dark for me, just my Honey of 20 years!  Once again....THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!  YOU ARE WONDERFUL! 

260/245/145/124 
mymaize
on 9/30/08 5:45 am - phoenix, AZ
congrats on your surgery date.

Can you tell me how long it took to get your date after you met with the Dr?   I see him next week for the first time.  I have my pulmonary test to go thru and then will be finished with all that stuff.

Hope to see you see you soon on the losers bench

Bette M

surgery 12-19-08.  on my way!!
klyn13jwl
on 9/30/08 2:07 pm - Lakeside, AZ
It took about 2 months.....I think.  I was having problems getting the right response from a cardiologist.  That alone took a month.  After I had all my stuff done..........3 weeks...maybe.  Not long at all!    Good luck to you and..........WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!

260/245/145/124 
mymaize
on 9/30/08 2:29 pm - phoenix, AZ
Thanks.  I was hoping it wasn't something like 3 or 4 months.  Now I need to do the pulmonary and hope they don't take long sending in their letter.  My cardiologist only took a couple of days.

See ya on the losers bench

bette

surgery 12-19-08.  on my way!!
Most Active