Airfare to LA

Ann M.
on 9/27/08 9:34 am - Peoria, AZ
Southwest & US Air is both $140 round trip.  I'm thinking about going but I'm not sure yet.  How long does it take to drive it?  I couldn't leave until after 6 p.m. Friday night though.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/27/08 9:37 am - Tucson, AZ
Ann

I wouldn't swear to it, but I would say around 8 hours.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/08 10:40 am - AZ
Is that including all the taxes out the door ? I have the ding program with southwest and saw the prices. They were $170. That is to much for me. I am going to drive That Friday am and possible stay in Palm Springs Sunday night instead of the 8 hour ride. I already have my hotel room with Miss Jeanna.
ginau
on 9/27/08 10:53 am - mesa, AZ
Ann

I think Nicole wants to go and is willing on driving , I dont believe she can leave till later in the day.  I am still watching air fare's  for a deal , But only see deals for Sr's

BUT if I find one under 100  - I am booking it

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Ann M.
on 9/27/08 11:46 am - Peoria, AZ
I got the info directly from the Southwest site.  Also, US Air was on Expedia.  Same price, all taxes included.   I can't stand an 8 hour ride, I'll fly if I go.  I just have to check on a shuttle from LAX to the hotel.  I'm also waiting to hear if one of my friends is going to be there.  If so, then I'll be going for sure.

ginau
on 9/27/08 11:54 pm - mesa, AZ
AAAahhhhh  your going on base fare ,, $69.00 each way , then add in all fee's and your looking like  $178.00    I am going to keep watching , If I can find something around $100.00 I will book flights.  I am not sure I will be most pleasant person on long car trip.  ~ but right now I could  use some time away ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Ann M.
on 9/28/08 12:38 am - Peoria, AZ
Gina, you're not going to find a r/t flight for $100 anymore.  Those days are long over.  The $69 each way plus tax isn't a bad fare.  I did find another deal on airfare plus the same hotel for less than booking flight and the hotel separately.  I'm not sure whether or not I'm going but there's one thing for sure.  I cannot ride in a car for 8 hours.  My backside & back just can't take that long sitting down.  Heck, after 1/2 hour I have to get up and move around.  I'll spend the money for a 50 minute flight over 8 hours in a car any day.

Also, if you're driving know that there is a $22 per day parking fee at the hotel so be sure to add in at least another $44 and probably $66 since the event doesn't get over until early evening.

ginau
on 9/28/08 2:27 am - mesa, AZ
*** I did find another deal on airfare plus the same hotel for less than booking flight and the hotel separately. ***

where ???  that sounds great !!   I did see when I made the res the parking fee is now $30.00 soo -  I am now just curious if they have an airport shuttle ???

Poor Dawn may want to kill me after 8 hrs in a car ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Ann M.
on 9/29/08 12:49 am - Peoria, AZ

Gina, I found it on Expedia.  This was for an evening flight both ways.  Airfare & hotel was $406 total.  This was on Saturday so that might have changed but check it out.  You can put in the exact hotel you want (I used keyword Kyoto) and it was on the list.

I won't be going to LA so you all have a great time.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/29/08 1:30 am - Tucson, AZ
I think I am going to pass on going to the LA event this year.  I would so love to go, but I just don't have much leave to take the two days off and the price is a little steep for me with just having surgery and making so many trips to Phoenix for appointments.  The hotel looks so beautiful.  I hope you all bring back lots of pictures and stories for those of us who can't go.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Most Active