Join my Pity Party

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/25/08 12:32 pm - Tucson, AZ
Whose going to join me? 

I have had this pain in my elbow for a almost a week.  The incision site at my elbow feels like I have an ingrown hair or a splinter that has festered.  I can hardly put any pressure on it at all.  It is that sensitive.  When I shower it opens up and leaks.  I have done everything I can think of short of calling Dr. Gitt. 

I hate to have to drive 2 1/2 hours to NVPS for him to tell me it is "normal".    Jen ------ Joyce......any ideas??????
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Deanne K.
on 9/25/08 3:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
Becky,
It's probably a stitch sticking out.  I have one on my incision and Dr. Schlesinger said it hadn't broken through the skin.  I would give them a call if I were you.  That's what you paid them for.
I hope it gets better soon.   I feel your pain and can relate.
Deanne
JRinAZ
on 9/25/08 5:04 pm - Layton, UT
Becky,
Call the office in the morning and talk to one of the nurses and/or ask for Dr. Gitt or Dr. Heffel.  They'll understand your hesistance to "drive right over" and can most likely talk you through it.  I had something similar which was just as you described....a stitch that festered....OUCH!!!  .....The little stabs of pain can be electrifying!  .... I would think that the draining that goes on in the shower is a good thing???  Maybe just pack the little spot with some clean gauze?

Neither Jen or I can give you anything other than "guess work" so you really need to check in with one of the medical folks.  Maybe even pop into your pcp if you don't want to drive up here.  It seems like even the nicest of incisions always have "one " trouble spot or two.  I am 2 years out from my Tummy Tuck and still have shooting stabs at the scar area over my hip bones.  It's liveable though and worth the flat tummy!  :-)

Let us know how it goes!  ....  It's midnight and Im going to finally give in and go hunt down a sleeping pill!  I've had several weeks of minimal sleep.  I"m due for a very LONG rest!! So, I'll join your pitty party for just this one night!  LOL!  *wink, wink* 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/25/08 11:03 pm - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Joyce and Deanne for joining me.  I don't think it is a suture because I can't feel anything like I did with the others that poked through and I had to pull out.  I've had a few "trouble spots" and this just does not feel the same.  It could be because of the location and it is my right arm, which I use constantly. 

I will contact them and see what they say.
Example 1   

ginau
on 9/25/08 11:02 pm - mesa, AZ
Becky - You need to call !   in the mean time you might try hot compress's - grab some epsom salt and  ho****er and try  every 2-3 hrs - since the hot shower is helping - Hot compress's might too !  I had some belly stitches do the same .... My Nana has some roadside weed she brews up for me -- helps reduce swelling too - just stinks !! but thats old fashioned  holistic  healing

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/25/08 11:32 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gena,

I didn't even think about hot compresses.  Good idea.  I know about the Mexican's and their "holistic" healing methods.  My friend just returned from Mexico and said she wished she had thought to bring me some Arnica cream from there.
Example 1   

Celeste R
on 9/26/08 2:47 am - Maricopa, AZ
HI Becky I has the same problem not to long ago. It turned out to be a stitch and it was an easy fix. But I'll tell you it hurt and oozed out some gross stuff before I went in. I wasn't sure what it was but I like you waited because Dr. Gitt is pretty far from me. When I finally went in he had to open the incision a tiny bit and he found the stitch causing all of the problems then he packed it and all is good now. It actually healed very nicely. So I highly suggest giving them a call and getting it taken care of before it turns into an infection. Take care!!!

Celeste
Most Active