Vitiman C

vixen_luv
on 9/22/08 8:02 am - phoenix, AZ
Has anyone dumped on Vit. C, I don't know if i dumped or not but I threw it up right away after taking a chewable one. 

I took b12 then a multi vit then the vit c, and after the vit c that was it.

Robin
ginau
on 9/22/08 9:04 am - mesa, AZ
Robin

Ya might want to take your vitamins with food ..  your tummy is very sensitive  right now -  its  still getting use to the remodel job  Dr S did .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lori G.
on 9/23/08 2:44 am, edited 9/23/08 2:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Remember that "dumping syndrome" is not the same as vomiting.  Your digestive system will react in different ways, different times to different things.  If you had emesis from your Vitamins, it could be to the sensitivity and the acidity of the vitamins.  Again, make sure you take vitamins with food or protein drink, to help decrease the nausea or emesis.  Dumping on the other hand is a reaction to sugars that are "dumped" into your digestive system, just as a diabetic with hyperglycemia.  You may experience tachycardia (heart beating fast), diaphoresis (sweating), flushing, and general malaise (just plain yucky),  This will normally pass within 20-30 minutes.  If anything becomes extreme or does not pass in a timely manner, then it is best to notify your physicians office.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Most Active