The Tri-State Area of Arizona

jinks
on 9/20/08 5:59 pm
Hi.  I live in this little corner of CA, NV and AZ and am wondering if there is a WLS group in this area.  If not, how do I go about starting one?
JRinAZ
on 9/21/08 5:08 am - Layton, UT
Post a reply

Original Message: On September 21, 2008 at 12:59 AM Pacific Time, jinks wrote: Hi.  I live in this little corner of CA, NV and AZ and am wondering if there is a WLS group in this area.  If not, how do I go about starting one?

First:  Change your avatar!  LOL!  Just kidding!....I LOVe kitties but this one does NOT look approachable!

O.K. so the first thing to do is to round up at least 4 or 5 other WLS buds from your "corner" of the world. 
2.  Send a note to Cathy or Debbie of Obesity Help and get all signed up for their Support Group training. (it's done via phone conference so you can be in your jammies at home if you want)
3.  Decide on a location (can even be in your family room, library, hosp conference room, church room, city rec hall, etc), consistent day & time.....
4.  Get the word out.... Post, post, post,.....give flyers to the local docs to hand out to their patient's, let all the Bariatric surgeon's know that you exist so they can refer other post-ops to you.
5.  Great topics, facilitating idea, etc come from O.H. through their Leader's Forum.

Go for it!!!!  The world can never have too many support groups!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

jinks
on 9/21/08 9:53 am
Someone was asking for some gastric bypass books on Freecycle.  I have pointed her to OH.  I"m thinking there is a need for a group here.  I will follow your advice.  Thank you.  I need to find more peeps that are interested.
Most Active