.....the end of a perfect day!

JRinAZ
on 9/20/08 1:11 pm - Layton, UT
Thanks O.H.!!! U totally rock!!! 

....maybe some details tomorrow...but for now....

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Garys
on 9/20/08 2:13 pm, edited 9/20/08 2:15 pm - Mesa, AZ

OH Event report,

A first timers report.

The “Ice Breaker” Friday night was a lot of fun meeting and talking with a lot of people that I know from the support group I attend and meeting others that I have seen online but never met in person as well as complete strangers who are now no longer strangers.

Seeing how people have made such drastic changes in so short of time was really interesting and fun.  I normally leave the social butterfly routine up to the wife but so many people approached me and initiated conversations that for once in a long time I actually spoke to more people at the Ice Breaker than her.

Saturday morning was interesting when even more people showed up than the night before.

Dr Gitt’s speech was very interesting and informative about the post weight loss plastic surgeries but since I still have a long way to go before I might require his services, I was kind of just shelving his information for future reference.

Dr. Schlesingers speech was good but of course he was preaching to the converted (operated, filled and supported) so I am already biased.

All of the other speakers offered nuggets of useful information and offered quite a bit of food for thought.  I brought back a lot of written information that I will be spending time catching up on to further explore some of the subjects discussed.

I think one of the most entertaining speakers was Bette-Sue Burkland from the Biggest Loser. I had actually not really expected much from this speaker because I don’****ch the show and she has not had WLS and did not know what she would be bring to the event. Her stories were funny and the stories she told of her daughter and her and their weight troubles and changing their lives for the better actually kind of fit in the mix of things there.

Ann’s speech of creating her support group from scratch and then after moving helping to develop and expand others was also inspiring. I have to give her credit for her bravery in facing so many people in the crowd to get up and talk.

Lots’s of other details but to tired to think right now!

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

JRinAZ
on 9/21/08 4:30 am - Layton, UT
Wow Gary!  Me thinks you've covered the event nicely and sooooooo there's no need for my usual long winded"ness"!  LOL! 
But...y'know me...I ALWAYS having SOMETHING to say!

.......this was my 6th or 7th O.H. event and I swear I learn more with each one!!  .....My goal for today has to be simple cuz I'll admit to having a pretty fried brain after a long week of "last minute" event details!  Sooooooooooo....just for today....I'm going to consider all of the POWER words....and....POWER phrases that mean something to me!  I love hearing that Ali, the first female winner of the Biggest Loser used "visualization" and woke up chanting empowering words.  I think hers was/is something like "believe it, be it"????  Anyone write it down???

I am determined to do the "Evan Almightly" kind of morning rictual of  positive affirmations, "self talk"  (new tapes) in the mirror before I even start one other thing for the day!!!!

........already adopted into my arsenal of self imaging tools:  BECAUSE I CAN!!!!  Thanks Ellen for your inspiration!

Joyce 

motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/21/08 1:52 pm - El Mirage, AZ
On September 21, 2008 at 11:30 AM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
Wow Gary!  Me thinks you've covered the event nicely and sooooooo there's no need for my usual long winded"ness"!  LOL! 
But...y'know me...I ALWAYS having SOMETHING to say!

.......this was my 6th or 7th O.H. event and I swear I learn more with each one!!  .....My goal for today has to be simple cuz I'll admit to having a pretty fried brain after a long week of "last minute" event details!  Sooooooooooo....just for today....I'm going to consider all of the POWER words....and....POWER phrases that mean something to me!  I love hearing that Ali, the first female winner of the Biggest Loser used "visualization" and woke up chanting empowering words.  I think hers was/is something like "believe it, be it"????  Anyone write it down???

I am determined to do the "Evan Almightly" kind of morning rictual of  positive affirmations, "self talk"  (new tapes) in the mirror before I even start one other thing for the day!!!!

........already adopted into my arsenal of self imaging tools:  BECAUSE I CAN!!!!  Thanks Ellen for your inspiration!

I know I had a good time too.  Dr. Goodall really reached out to me for some reason, and of course Bettie Sue.  I bought one of the Body Buggs and can't wait to use it! Needs a little more set up but I am sure it will really help me on this 6 month diet.  I have been having a rough time so far, but this little device seems to be motivating me...and Joyce...yes it was "believe it, be it!" How awsome is that! 4 little words that pack a huge punch when put together!
Rachel B.
on 9/20/08 3:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
Thanx to everyone who helped to put it together!!!  It was a great time, though I am disappointed not to have met more folks!  Miss Lucie was quite bored though!  She is much happier to be back home on her couch right now!!!

Thanx to everyone for a great day!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

JRinAZ
on 9/21/08 4:41 am - Layton, UT
I toally agree!  I too wished I had been able to meet more people!

The good news was  "there were thousands of people"!!!!

The bad news was "there were thousands of people"!!!!

Soooooo many buds.....sooooooo little time!  I didn't even get to have a few words with my old peeps and hardly got a word in with the potential pals!

.......The BIG events are so fun and their information is amazing BUT.....give me a little hometown support group followed by  some healthy nibbling together and I am a very happy post-op camper!!!!

Chandler Support Group is this coming Tuesday!  .....Perfect possibilities of building a new support team in a weight loss friendly environment!!!! 

Those who attend support groups; can own LIFETIME  Success!!!

C U there!

P.S......I think the O.H. L.A. Anniversary event might be a MUST for my future fun-o-meter!!!!  Anyone want to join me????
Joyce 

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/21/08 7:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Rach

I didn't even know you were there.  I would have looked you up.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 9/21/08 9:10 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Miss Becky for sending me an upated pic to post on my avatar.......Hopefully, I don't freak out the world with the new one:-)  You know how we all HATE change!!!  
Joyce 

Ann M.
on 9/21/08 5:22 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks Gary for the kind words.  It was great finally meeting you and your lovely wife.  I know we didn't get any time to talk, there were so many people to say hello to.  I too enjoyed the party and the OH seminar was very good.  I was a little disappointed that there weren't any calcium or vitamin samples to be handed out.  I was expecting them and didn't bring my supply with me.  Oh well, hopefully next time they'll be there. 

I had never seen the Biggest Loser but Bettie Sue was a hoot.  She sure was a tough act to follow but I think the message of attending support groups came at the right time.

I'm hoping we can all get together in one place or another before the next OH conference in the Phoenix area.

Special thanks to Dr. Gitt & Dr. Schlesinger.  Without their sponsorship we wouldn't have been able to get together.  Great job Drs. and especially their staffs *****ally put it all together along with the OH staff.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
JRinAZ
on 9/21/08 9:13 am - Layton, UT
Hey Ann!  I"m sorry I missed your presentation!  ..... I heard from zillions that it was inspiring and that you did a great job REP REE Zentin'  !!!!  Weigh 2 go!!!

The music of ZUMBA was calling my name....I couldn't resist.....
Joyce 

Most Active