Yay I get full foods back!!

beckipoohbear
on 9/19/08 2:39 am - AZ
Woohoo!!! I just had my 4 month appointment with the nutritionist and got my four month food list, which basically is we get everything back.  Beef, pork, citrus, tomatoes, starches and good grains, here I come! (All in moderation of course).

In all seriousness, the thing I am most excited to have back especially living here in the fabulous southwest is....

SALSA!!!!!!!!!
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

kellyaz
on 9/19/08 4:20 am
I am with you on that.  I have been wanting Salsa soooo bad.

my 4 months will be on Halloween.  I am going to make salsa and I want about 10 chips (of course the healthy ones).  ha......
beckipoohbear
on 9/19/08 5:28 am - AZ
I have been cheating a wee bit and using salsa on beans when eating out but at home I have been a good little girl and using tabasco or hot sauce (still spicy, no tomato!).  Salsa has always been a major staple of my diet and I am psyched to get it back.  In fact I am thinking since I will be in Phoenix a Chipotle burrito bowl w/ pico de gallo and hot salsa w/ shredded beef and pinto beans sounds divine (of course I can only eat like 1/6th of the sucker if that).  I really just want the salsa.

kellyaz
on 9/20/08 2:22 am
ha.....yeah I had some refried beans the other day with cheese and a little salsa.  do you know why they say no tomatoes?  they are healthy, is it the acid in them?
beckipoohbear
on 9/20/08 10:51 am - AZ
 It is the acidity as to why we can't have tomatoes.

chathot
on 9/24/08 3:32 am - Peoria, AZ
Just be real careful. I was told to introduce one new food at a time. My experience after surgery was that the things I used to love, can't stand (was a big chocolate eater, cant stand it now). Your taste buds will change alot but juust be careful and do one food at a time. That way if you have a bad reaction you know which one did it. I was not given any food things to follow, I was told 6 weeks of 1 ounce soft or liquid (i ended up doing 8 wks cause I missed my first post op visit and they would'nt let me start eating food, real food). After that I was told to start introducing new foods and to be sure that meat I ate had to be very tender, like dark meat of chicken.
Candy
Most Active