My Heart Aches

sunshine86
on 9/10/09 12:40 pm
Oh my gosh... I wish I had seen this thread sooner so that I could have helped.... I work with a lot of Medicare Advantage and Medigap companies!

I am SO GLAD he got approved...... and that he'll be getting the help he needs. He is very lucky to have an awesome wife like you to be supportive and help fight for him!!!

Good luck to you both, I hope everything goes flawlessly!!! :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

JRinAZ
on 9/10/09 12:51 pm - Layton, UT
Best wishes to you and your hubby Amanda!

I sincerely hope that the insurance process is smooth sailing and that all pre-op hoops are easy to check off! 

Let us know when hubby has a date so we can all cheer him on!!!

LOSER'S ROCK!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mullified
on 9/18/09 1:38 pm
Psych Eval- PASSED. I guess he isn't a raging lunatic like I thought all these years. J/K.
 Next step... Mindful Eating class Monday (21st) and then Surgical consult. THEN a surgery date.
 WOOO HOOO. Keep your fingers crossed that the rest of the paperwork goes off without a hitch.
mullified
on 10/6/09 6:41 am
Hi everyone.
 Well, we went to that mindful eating class, and Larry got all of his labs.
 Everything was decent except for he has managed to come down with type 2 Diabetes. This sucks.
 But anyways, I no more than sent the labs and whatnot, and they called his just an hour ago for his consult.
 Im still a bit shocked it happened that fast.
 Thank You all so much for your thoughts,support and kind words. I think you've actually been more of a support for ME when it ought to be HIM. LOL
 Will keep u informed as to a surgery date, which he might get tomorrow
 Fingers Crossed,
 Amanda
mullified
on 10/7/09 9:32 am
Well things went OK today with Larrys surgical consult.
 The surgeon told him he is a good candidate(DUH) for WLS.. He feels that the Lap Band is the better choice for him.
 But, he told Larry he wants him to lose a bit of weight on his own before surgery.
 My way of thinking is.. IF HE COULD LOSE IT ON HIS OWN, HE WOULD NOT BE IN NEED OF WLS surgery. Sheesh.
 So, now instead of going in for surgery in the next couple of weeks, we have to work on getting him to lose some weight.  How in the world that doc can say its possible to lose 20 or so in 2 weeks is beyond effing me.
 Any ideas??? I've heard high protein.
 Help?
mullified
on 10/7/09 9:40 am
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzqLrjZ/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wzqLrjZ/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
JRinAZ
on 10/7/09 10:37 am - Layton, UT
On October 7, 2009 at 4:32 PM Pacific Time, mullified wrote:
Well things went OK today with Larrys surgical consult.
 The surgeon told him he is a good candidate(DUH) for WLS.. He feels that the Lap Band is the better choice for him.
 But, he told Larry he wants him to lose a bit of weight on his own before surgery.
 My way of thinking is.. IF HE COULD LOSE IT ON HIS OWN, HE WOULD NOT BE IN NEED OF WLS surgery. Sheesh.
 So, now instead of going in for surgery in the next couple of weeks, we have to work on getting him to lose some weight.  How in the world that doc can say its possible to lose 20 or so in 2 weeks is beyond effing me.
 Any ideas??? I've heard high protein.
 Help?
The majority of Bariatric programs across the U.S. require a pre-op diet.  Some require certain percentages, some require certain pounds lost and some just want you to clean out your system!

The main reasons:

1.  Initial weight loss is around and including vital organs; especially the fatty liver.  The weight loss gives a better chance for a safe and uneventful surgery.

2.  It shows compliancy and gets us in the mindset of healthy eating for a lifetime.  Weight loss surgery is just a tool; not a cure.  We still need to manage the tool.

Which surgeon?  Most give an exact food menu to follow.  Two weeks of a liquid diet whi*****ludes at least 3 protein drinks (23 grams of protein and less than 120 calories per scoop) per day.  It's rough but soooooo worth it!

Congrats!  He'll be melting away before you know it!!!!  The initial pre-op weight loss will give you a running head start!!! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mullified
on 10/23/09 1:28 pm
A bit of aggravation...... we went today for Larry's follow up weight check..... and he gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks. WTF.... And today we were told that he has to lose at least 40 lbs before he can have surgery. If he COULD, he would NOT need surgery. He goes back in a month. Any ideas on how to jump start this?
ginau
on 10/23/09 4:39 pm - mesa, AZ
Hey Amanda

Keep your heads up. It is  soo worth it in the end..  My suggestion is a small one but hard at times   Have Larry  keep a food journal  online with exercise - but he has to be very honest about  what he is putting in his mouth.

Sometime when we diet hard - our bodies go into starvation mode.  he might gain two lbs and drop 5 ina weeks time. - he might need to carbo load one day of the week and diet the rest.

Hang in there

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mullified
on 1/16/10 3:51 am
 So, we went last month for Larrys weigh in and he lost 9 lbs. This month, he lost ZIPPO. BUT he didnt gain. But hes got to get this 31 lbs off before all of his  lab tests are no good anymore. Its getting aggrivating I got him this stuff called Bariatric Advantage- I know a lady whos hubby lost 17 lbs in 2 weeks. I cant get him to do it. He ried it, and said it was nasty.
 GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Most Active