Confused

achievable
on 9/18/08 12:25 pm - Glendale, AZ

Does anyone have a to do list that has Aetna and has gone through Bridges?
I only have 2 months left out of the 6 month diet.
I've seen the dietician and I have a cardiac appointment set up.
I've called Bridges and they said Dr. Fang won't even see me until the diet is completed, but I want to make sure to get everything out of the way.
Any one that can shed some light on what needs to be done or how I should complete the process I would be thankful.

jenniebr
on 9/18/08 1:05 pm - queen creek, AZ
You can go to Aetna's website, here is the link

http://www.aetna.com/cpb/cpb_menu.html

click on the "search by policy number" and type in 0157, the a new window will open and click on obesity surgery.  This is Aetna's policy for surgery. 

Good luck!
Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
Chris S.
on 9/18/08 2:13 pm - Tempe, AZ
I saw Dr Juarez before doing the Bridges Seminar, Nutritionist, or the cardiac and pulm clearance.  I don't know if it helped that I had a previous appt with Dr Schlesinger and he is out of network so I had to go to Juarez and they took me without having to do all the other stuff first.

While sitting in the waiting room for my appt I did hear them tell someone on the phone that they had to attend the bridges seminar and do all the requirements before seeing the surgeon. 

I attended the seminar last friday and it was said at the seminar as well that the checklist for insurances needs to be completed THEN you make your appt with the surgeon.  I was never told any of that when I first saw the Dr.  the seminar was informative, I highly suggested getting registered for one as soon as possible.

You will need the certificate from the seminar before they will submit to insurance for you as well as everything else on the submittal checklist.

I just had everything submitted today and I am busting at the seams to know something already.
Ann M.
on 9/19/08 3:06 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey Chris, can't wait to see you tonight!  I've got my fingers crossed for a quick approval.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active