Hello Az

chathot
on 9/16/08 2:05 am - Peoria, AZ
 Hello az I not sure I posted here a few months ago. I did on the other main board. Just to recap - I had gastric bypass by Dr. Daniel Fang at St Lukes. I started at 339 lbs at the time of surgery March 20, 2007. I was not allowed to walk or exercise at all for I had aortic stanosis, which is a thickening of the aortic valve. After loosing 88 lbs I had to have the valve replaced march 20, 2008 the a pacemaker inserted shortly after that. Well I have hit my 100 lbs now just have 89 lbs to goal but I'm having a terrible time getting past this stand still. I have been in cardiac rehab which has helped with a pound or two but cant seem to get past this. I am at 245 - 250 which was my normal weight for many of my adult years so I'm not sure this might have something to do with it. I am in need for some new friends here in az. I live in Peoria.
motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/17/08 10:40 am - El Mirage, AZ

I haven't had the surgery yet, but I just want to take the time to welcome you aboard.  I don't have lots of advice or experience yet, but am willing to be a listening ear!

Samantha

chathot
on 9/19/08 4:43 am - Peoria, AZ
 Thank you for responding. When is your surgery? I wish you the best. My surgery went very well. I just got sick of eating pudding, jello and broth for 8 weeks. It was just to be for 6 wks but I missed my first post op appt  so they kept me on the liquids for another 2 weeks. But Im past all that now by a year and 6 months. So maybe I can be part of your support. Im in Peoria az. Once again good luck.
motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/19/08 10:20 am - El Mirage, AZ
No date for my surgery yet.  I am hoping around the 1st part of April!!! Doing all the pre-op stuff now including a 6 month medically supervised diet. (which i am not doing so hot at yet ) The good news is that the ins company I am using doesn't require to much!
chathot
on 9/19/08 12:15 pm - Peoria, AZ
I know that feeling. I actually had 2 drs charting my supervised diet. They would say well see ya in 3 months and I would say oh no I'll see you in a month until these 6 months are over lol. dont lose faith it will happen. Have you had you physic eval yet? If not I would strongly advise you to get that started. The one I had to take was a 3 hr test one day then an eval in a week after by the dr. Are you going thru the biatric center at St. Lukes? It seems forever but the day will come for you. I have not regreted one day of it.
motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/19/08 12:41 pm - El Mirage, AZ
I have not had the psych eval yet.  I am thinking that I will get that scheduled around the end of December or  1st part of January.  You see, my current insurance won't cover any part of this, though I wonder if they would cover the psych.  I guess it would depend on the coding.  I am going through the bariatric program at Banner Gateway.  My hospital has just merged with them, but the benefits don't start til 1-1-9.  Being that my insurance is through banner I must use a banner facility.  That leaves me with Good Sam or Gateway.  It is different group of doctors that operate at both.  I am not impressed with Dr. Fang's office (my brother just had a bypass with him in July.), so I am going with the alternate group at Gateway.  So as you can see I am barely on this road, but I am on it all the sme.  I have been gathering records to show a history, am doing the 6 month diet, going to the OH event tomorrow, going to my 1st support group meeting the following weekend, and then will do the psych eval after that.  In February/March I go in to see the surgeon with a referral and a letter from my PCP and I think I will have most everything ready.  I don't have sleep apnea (or don't think so, as I don't snore), I have the begining of some high bp but not on meds,  and a few signs of possible pre-diabetes but no dx.  So there isn't much for me to do. My goal is that I hand them everything and they submit it right away.  Hopefully, I will get the approval and then...go off for all the pre-op basics w/the nut, chest x-ray, ekg, ect....That is my goal and if it works out there is no reason that I won't have surgery by the first part of April.  The big hitch to all of this is that I will have a $5000 co-pay.  I plan to use income tax to cover about $3500 and then I am saving for the balance!  Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this all happens according to my plan!
Ann M.
on 9/21/08 5:25 am - Peoria, AZ
Chathot, are you able to get out of the house and to a support group meeting?  We have our West Valley support group that meets at Banner Estrella at the 101 & Thomas Road the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the month (next week is our meeting) at 10:30 a.m.  You are very welcome to come and join us.  We are a very friendly group and I'm sure we'll all be your friends.

Motivated, why don't you stop in too.  We love having pre-ops there and I think we have some of Dr. Fang's patients in our group.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
chathot
on 9/21/08 9:37 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi my name is Candy and I saw your story at the confrence yesterday. I was the one who asked you to repeat your meeting days and time. I am so very happy to find a support group on this side of town. I am really needing the support to keep on program. It was so fun to be with others just like me and what I'm going thru. I will deff mark my calendar for those sat at 10:30. I forgot what confrence room it was that you said. But I will be there for sure. Thank you so much
Ann M.
on 9/21/08 9:42 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey Candy, it was nice to meet you from far away yesterday.  I hope to see you at the meeting.  We really are a wonderful group of caring people.  I almost broke into tears explaining why yesterday.  I couldn't ask for a better group of people.  That's the great part of a support group.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active