Insurance

Ricardo B.
on 9/13/08 8:28 am - Tucson, AZ
General question has anyone used BCBS of AZ  for their surgery??? What has been your experience with them bad or good???
vixen_luv
on 9/13/08 4:11 pm - phoenix, AZ
I have BCBS of az thru the city of phoenix, they were pretty easy to work with.  They denied me at first but we sent the appeal and had an ok within 3 weeks of the appeal.
Ricardo B.
on 9/14/08 5:13 am - Tucson, AZ
If I may ask why were you denied????  Were they real picky about the 6 month diet Sonia in Dr. Burpee office told me they are not as hard about the diet if you can get a strong letter  from your PCP that shows at least 5 years of being obese,  I have been with my PCP for almost 10 years so hopefully will not get denied. 
vixen_luv
on 9/14/08 7:46 am - phoenix, AZ
there was a list of reasons mostly stuff the dr;s offcie could take care of.  but they did deny me for diet i just had to write a letter saying what diets i had been on for the last two years.  my insuranse allows self directed dieting so i just desctibied all the weigh****chers i had done on my own etc and one other thing i had tried.
Ricardo B.
on 9/14/08 8:24 am - Tucson, AZ
Well I guess I have to just crossing my fingers and keep waiting.  Thank-you so much for your help.  Good luck to you in your new LIFE.
Softballgirl
on 9/24/08 12:20 pm - AZ
I have BCBSAZ and had no problems getting approved. All has went well so far. I have my surgery tomorrow.
Softballgirl
Most Active