So Hungry

vixen_luv
on 9/9/08 12:59 pm - phoenix, AZ
I am sooo hungry it's horrible, is it supposed to be like this????????????????
ginau
on 9/9/08 1:25 pm - mesa, AZ
Is it head hunger  or real hunger?   What kinda of schedule are you on and what are you eating ?

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

vixen_luv
on 9/9/08 1:27 pm - phoenix, AZ
i don't know what kind of hunry it is, i am on full liquids as of today, and all i want is some food.  i am sick of popcicles and i can't chock down broth cuz i can't stand it, i startred back with protien shakes today.  I don't think i can go another week like this i wanna cry,.
ScottAZ
on 9/9/08 1:44 pm - Charleston, WV
Vixen,

I was saying the same thing after a week back in June when i had the bypass.. Going to give u a little advise everyone will tell you on here.  When u start to feel like that start drinking some water and if it goes away right away it was mostlikely head hunger.  But after 30 min you still hungry have a shake or something.. I know Dr S had me and still does every 2-3 hrs.. If i can be of any help let me know...

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

ginau
on 9/9/08 11:08 pm - mesa, AZ
Great advice Scott !  Your big day is coming up quick .....

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

ScottAZ
on 9/10/08 1:35 am - Charleston, WV
Thank you  , and what big day?

vixen_luv
on 9/9/08 4:19 pm - phoenix, AZ
thanks guys, i went and got a shower, what an ordeal lol, and am feeling better now.
RayM
on 9/10/08 1:29 am - Surprise, AZ
I am almost 2 months post op now and still do not really feel hungry.  I guess that is good.  I really only eat because I know I need to.  From time to time I forget to eat which isn't good. 
ScottAZ
on 9/10/08 1:34 am - Charleston, WV
Ray great job on the weight loss, hope to see you on the 20th.

aboymom
on 9/10/08 1:43 am
OH my gosh I remember how horrible the first weeks out were.  (I can't believe I am saying this!)  Personally it was beyond hunger for me.  Head, body or emotion hunger it hit me that first week or so out.  You can't eat anything right now so it is something you just have to deal with.  The only reassuring thing for me was I kept being told this passes.  And believe it or not, it did.  I guess because it was only like 7 weeks ago for me I REMEMBER HOW AWFUL IT WAS!  I haven't been hungry since.  Don't feel like this is going to be the way you feel the rest of your life.  It WILL pass.  I feel so condesending saying this but everyone said it to me and they were ALL right no matter how much I doubted them. 

This is the time you need to rely on your support group the most.  Eventually you will be feeling so much better you won't need us as much as you do right now!  Please call someone who knows where you are and let it all out!  If I can give you any advice, this part you are in right now, is the worst worst worst part.  But it does pass. 

Good luck my friend!!
Most Active