Strange comments since surgery

aboymom
on 9/8/08 1:06 pm
OK, so I am 2 months out tomorrow and I've lost about 57 pounds.  That is a lot of weight in a very short time so I realize casual acquaintances can see something has changed but aren't sure what.  I have had a lot of "Have you cut your hair?"  -No it's longer than it has been in years. and "You have great jewlery"-You mean the $5 clearance at Target necklace I am wearing.  The best one was today "Boy you look tan"-I wear sunblock EVERYWHERE!  I smile knowing what they are seeing.  I had my first jaw drop "WHAT HAPPENED" comment from a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. 

And I guess this is why people end up liking this surgery.  For awhile there, I wasn't exactly sure why I had done it!! 
ScottAZ
on 9/8/08 1:47 pm - Charleston, WV
Congratulations on your weight loss....You are doing great.  Are you going to the oh event on the 20th?  Hope to see you there..

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

JRinAZ
on 9/8/08 2:50 pm - Layton, UT
LOL!  "A Boys Mom"  I LOVE your little first step responses from the baffled public!!!!  There are doozies yet ahead but there's nothing like a sincere congrats when people notice your weight loss success!  Weigh 2 go on the 57 pounds!  Holy Cow sweetie pie!  You are smoking!!!!

Soooo.....here's a couple in the spirit of your subject line.....

My latest one........

I asked the store clerk if I could return any of the pile of small sizes that didn't fit when I got home.  (didn't have time to try on at the store)  She noted that I had 3 different sizes collected.  I told her I'd lost a lot of weight and wasn't sure what size I was.  She congratulated me and asked how I did it.  ......"Weight Loss Surgery" I said, ............"Wow!" she said, "you don't look like you needed weight loss surgery"!!!!!!  Exactly!  LOL!  I just closed my dropped jaw and said, "well, I guess it worked then, right?"

..........latest rude remark about weight loss from someone:  ......"So, how much more weight do you need to drop to get rid of all of your loose skin?!!!!"......Ouch!  ......  I assured her that the fab P.S. dudes I worked with would be taking care of "that weight" and that I was DONE losing!!  ....I wanted to assure her that they could also help her out with her FACE!   Just kidding! 

(puter is tired and won't insert smiley's so just use your "magination")

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

terriefaye
on 9/8/08 10:46 pm - mesa, AZ
That is so awesome, I just switched from nights to days at work and people are freaking out that is even if they know who I am. I love it!!! Keep up the good work you are doing fabulous!
Celeste R
on 9/9/08 5:52 am - Maricopa, AZ
Congrats on the weight lossYou go girl!!! I felt the same way in the beginning but I can tell you it was so worth it. I would do it all over again. Just wait after the first year.....wow does your body change. Keep up the good work!!!

Celeste
RNY 5/19/05  274/145/150 AT GOAL AND STAYING THERE!!!!!
L. TP
on 9/9/08 3:14 pm
this made me laugh!  You go girl...you are doing fantastic.
Av8trx
on 9/11/08 2:24 pm - north-central, AZ
HAHAHA, I've had a few odd comments myself.  And the one that stands out wasn't even about my weight - -

I was in the department store at the beauty counter, looking at moisturizers.  The sales girl came over and started chatting me up.  I told her I was interested in a good moisturizer with at least SPF 15, preferably SPF 30.  She leaned in and looked closely at my face, and then said; "You're going to want the anti-wrinkle formula..." 

Instantly my son looked her in the eye and said, "Lady,... you're going to want the anti-BRUISE formula!"

=D

- Kailolu (Taylor)

JRinAZ
on 9/12/08 12:54 am - Layton, UT
Too funny Taylor!  Sooooo, what moisturizer did you end up buying?  LOL!  I am always drawn to the formulas that promise a wealthy future with a hot man!  (my DH would tell you that my moisturizer has worked!!!)  LOL!  .....  So, can I borrow YOUR son when I go shopping next time?  Sooo cute that he was championing you without a second to consider!  Gotta love our loyal wee ones! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active