City of Mesa/ American health group??

playgirl2077
on 9/5/08 5:29 pm - Mesa, AZ

I dont know what steps to take... dose anyone know or work for city of mesa.... or the approvial co American health group?

Any info will help..

Christina

ginau
on 9/5/08 5:43 pm - mesa, AZ
Best to just call and inquire - If they have  surgical benefits for weight loss surgery , & what the criteria is ... That is best place to start.

Welcome to the Board...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

playgirl2077
on 9/6/08 3:28 am - Mesa, AZ

I have done that I'm just still afraid they will still say no... I was told by my surgeon that American health group is one of the hardest to get a yes from...

So I am crossing all my T's and dotting all my i's.. by getting a letter from my chiropractor and OBGyn along with  PCP.. and seeing a nutritionist. I am also getting my family history (mother and father side) both saturated with Diabetes, cancer, High BP and sleep apnea, and I would say 75 % is Morbidly obese and the rest are normal to just obese... i also still have to do a sleep study...

let me know what you think

Christina
jenniebr
on 9/6/08 6:08 am - queen creek, AZ

AHG is IMHO the most difficult to deal with.  I am not trying to discourage you but I have had EVERY patient initally denied then approved on appeal.  They will push until you just can't take it anymore.  I have left the office nearly in tears and I can only imagine what the patient is feeling!  They have a new person that I have had the pleasure of dealing with and feel she is very fair and will even let you know exactly what is lacking.  I have the entire criteria at work if you email me I can send you the list if you do not already have it.  Make sure you have the 5 yr hx, MD supervised diet info (at least 6 mos), 2 (TWO) letters of Medical necessity from 2 different docs.  Any co-mobids conditions need to be well documented as to when they began and what you have done to correct/control them.  If all else fails, call  AHG and speak to them directly.
Good Luck I am sure you will get approved!!

Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
Most Active