Question regaring the OH Event

motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/5/08 9:33 am - El Mirage, AZ
I am planning to attend the OH event here in Phoenix even though I am pre-op.  Is everyone in attendance post-op or will there be some other pre-ops there? I haven't had a chance to attend any support groups yet, so I figured this was kind of my start toward that.  I know a lot of the info is for post-op but I figured it will only help me in my knowledge of the whole picture.  Though I have convinced my brother RayM to attend with me and my mom!!!
JRinAZ
on 9/5/08 9:45 am - Layton, UT

Pre-OP???  ARe you kidding me!    Pre-Ops are our VERY favorite kind of people!!!!  LOL!  ....You never know til you get there of course but I've been to several O.H. events in AZ and elsewhere and there's almost always a good mix of everyone!  Pre-Ops, Post-Ops, surgeons, Bariatric staff members, lapbands, gastric bypass, revisions...........well, you get the pic!!!

You'll be sooooo charged up!  If you've never been to any support meetings before then this should be a fantastic first!!! 

............looking forward to meeting you and your 2 support family members!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 9/5/08 9:58 am - Peoria, AZ
Hey motiv8ed.  There is a support group meeting next Saturday not too far from you.  It's at Banner Estrella at 10:30.  Email me if you need a ride.  I live in Sun City and I think another member lives in Surprise so we can probably arrange to get you there.  [email protected]
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/5/08 10:31 am - El Mirage, AZ
Thanks Ann.  I think I will try to make it.  It is time to start getting out there a little, and getting all the support I can! However, I think I have a ride, but if something changes I'll let you know!

Samantha
Ann M.
on 9/5/08 11:49 am - Peoria, AZ
Ok, we have both pre & post ops so you're very welcome to come and join us. 

motiv8ted2l0se
on 9/5/08 4:09 pm - El Mirage, AZ
As it turns out...I have plans to go the zoo that day.  Making it a big family affair.  When is the next meeting?  I won't miss out on it again!!
RayM
on 9/5/08 12:16 pm - Surprise, AZ
Well I guess I will be going since my mom got me a ticket.  Should be fun and interesting to talk to more people.  Looks like my wife can come also.  So look out because I guess the 4 of us will be there Sat.  I have lost 70 now so getting around will be a lot easier for me!
Ann M.
on 9/5/08 4:17 pm - Peoria, AZ
The meetings are the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month.  So that makes Sept. 13 & 27th with the OH conference on the 20th.

I wish both of you would come to the support group meetings.  Pre & Post surgery, you really need to make at least one meeting.  You find out all kinds of information plus it helps keep you on track.  We have post ops of over 5 years and some brand new post ops plus pre ops.  We're a very friendly group and we are also there for each other.

I am speaking at the OH conference on the importance of support groups.  I thought it was so important to me when I was in Michigan that I started my own group.  Yes, you can make it on your own but why take the chance at failure.  Take advantage of all of us around you with our experience in nutrition, supplements, etc.  Family members are welcome to come also, in fact, we encourage them so they can go through the journey at your side and can understand the special needs of your surgery.

Most Active