High protein dinner...Buffalo!

Gena L.
on 9/4/08 1:22 pm - Sun City, AZ

I am 5 months out yesterday from my RNY. Tonight for dinner I made Trader Joe's frozen Buffalo Burgers, 42 gms protein each (5.99 for 4). I was leary as ground meat is still fairly new in my diet. I am lucky as I can eat most any meat but bacon. In addition to the burger which is large, and I ate 1/2 for 21gms, (DH wanted it on bread and it covered the whole piece)....I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese for 7 gms and 1/4 beans for about 6 gms. So my dinner gave me a total of 34gms of protein. Took me a long time to chew and wait to get all this down but I am trying to break a stall.  The buffalo is very tender, I was able to chew and swallow with no problem but you have to be careful to not over cook it as it is so lean. Taste?  Not bad....I do not like any wild game, never have, never will but this was good. Michelle AKA Eggface told me I would like it

There are a few things higher in protein but it was nice to have something different tonight.

Gena

liveinphx
on 9/4/08 2:04 pm - Phoenix, AZ

I agree about the Buffalo Burgers. I got some at TJ's also and really liked them. i put them in my George Foreman Grilling Machine that I got at Savers for $4 and dinner is served.
I found some at Sprouts but like TJ brand better because they are 1/4 lb vs 1/3 each like at Sprouts.
Thanks for reminding me I need to go to TJ's and get some more

Most Active