Yummmmeeeeeee!!!!

JRinAZ
on 9/3/08 6:26 am - Layton, UT

Soooooo.......I experimented with a fluffy fresh head of cauliflower this morning.  Wow!  ....It may fill  cravings for some of YOU too!  so....here it is:

Remove core of cauliflower and boil flourettes till they pierce tender with a fork (don't wait til mushy)
Drain all but a bit of the water and beat with mixer.
Drop in a full block (8 oz ) of cream cheese 

sprinkle with a little chicken boillon crystals (to taste)

Stir in a couple of handfuls of shredded cheese (to taste)
Season with salt and pepper.  Allow to sit a minute to set.

ERny, Distals or DS'ers:  Use regular cream cheese and regular cheese

All others or those counting calories:  use light cream cheese, use nonfat or lowfat shredded cheese.

Can garnish with a few Baco chips or stir in crumbled turkey bacon that has been crisped up.

Trying to get more protein in?  Stir in one scoop flavorless protein powder.

This is soooooo satisfying.  It's a cross between a thick cauliflower/cheese soup and a loaded baked potatoe!  Healthy low glycemic veggie though .....could be used in soft food stage or pureed stage or anytime you want lots of flavor and low carbs!  It's definitely an Atkins/South Beach - High protein-Low Carb recipe.

Let me know what you think.....

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 9/3/08 1:01 pm - mesa, AZ

Joyce

Let me know if it gives you gas, I am still trying to keep the gas producer down.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 9/3/08 1:48 pm - Layton, UT

Skuse me?  Gas?  What makes you think "mwah" would have issues such as that???!!!!!

.........The "G" for me comes with processed garbage..............to quote a friend recently...."if God didn't make it then ERny's and DS'ers shouldn't be eatin it"!!!!  ......  Me thinks "HE" made cauliflower!  But, I'll have to get back with you on the cheese, cream cheese and chicken flavoring!!!  LOL!

Soooooooooooo....check your voicemails......Are you holding my good friend Deanne hostage at your hotel????  I want some time with the girlfriend too!  Call me!  I can make the both of you some yummmeeeee "no gassy" food and run it over......maybe walk.....hmmmm...maybe drive!

Joyce 

flyrep
on 9/3/08 8:25 pm - AZ
okay, had to try it.......... VERY GOOD! I added the protien too!

How ya been?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 9/3/08 11:35 pm - Layton, UT
Thanks for asking Miss Shannon!  I am FABulous for the most part!  .......Recently lost over 50 more pounds so here I am with jiggly skin issues AGAIN!!!!  .....  Good thing I know some amazing p.s. dudes!  Y'know!......Anyway............are you mayor of your neck of the woods yet???  It sounds like you pack your life with as much "positive" as possible!!!!  I know politics shouldn't be on this site per say but I have to say that Ms Palin fired me up last night!  .....  Holy Cow!  I was still working out feeding schedules and diaper routines when I had 4 month old babies.....She's got it together!  I may vote Republican just cuz MR Palin is so darn cute!!!  ..... (I know it's hard to believe that I have a shallow side!  LOL!)

Soooooooooo...........I'll see you at the O.H. event, right????  PAR -T!!!!

Joyce 

flyrep
on 9/4/08 1:01 am - AZ
You where tiny when we 1st met! I bet your a hotty now! Just make sure to take care of your health ya know.
Not mayor. Will be running soon. More later on that one!

I LOVED Palin's talk last night. Not a huge fun of who picked her BUT I may vote for him due to him pick'n her. I felt very inspired hearing her last night.

Im thinking about going to the event, I didnt get to go last year due to the date of my WLS. Thou I did make the walk 5 days after and did 7 rounds! When is the walk again??? I know I'll make that!

Oh and skin issues! Yes I know all about that!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Gwynn M.
on 9/4/08 3:41 am - Tucson, AZ

I really enjoyed her speech (Palin) as well.  She's very young and what a lovely family! She seems like one tough cookie! 
And YES, OH MY....what a HOTTIE husband!! 
LOL...thats naughty.

Joyce, now that I've purchased my O.H. tickets........how do we get 'em??  In the mail....or pick them up there???  I have no idea.....it's been YEARS since I've attended the event. Matter of fact...the last one I did attend...was also in Phx.  and you AND Kath (C.) were there together!!!
You remember that???  LOL.....man, you two were SO cute!  Not that you're not cute now too!!

REALLY looking forward to going THIS TIME around!!  Can't wait to meet & hug  so many sweet support peeps from here!!!   I booked us a room at the Hilton.......not quite paid for yet.....LOL, the daughters are supposed to "spring for it"  as an anniversary present to US!!  LOL!!

Talk to you SOON!!

Gwynn

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/4/08 8:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Gwynn

You won't receive tickets.  Once you arrive at the event you just register and they will have your name on a list.  I found this out last year.  Can't wait to see you.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gwynn M.
on 9/4/08 9:59 am - Tucson, AZ

Hi Becky!!  Thanks!   I can't wait to see YOU either!!  I just showed my daughter your AFTER plastic pics.................and she was AMAZED!!!

See you soon!

Gwynn

ginau
on 9/4/08 1:59 am - mesa, AZ
Joyce

Was late when I got your voicemail, Deanne  decided to stay an extra day at the hospital. Pain Meds issue ...  Long story for another day.  She was up and walking around and on oral meds as of lastnight .  Should be out and on way to other hotel for a day or two .. I expect  check in on Friday  late after noon.

I will have to try the Cauliflower - I wonder if you could do same with some broccolli ??

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active