Received My New Port Today

AzViper
on 9/2/08 11:27 am, edited 9/2/08 3:27 pm - AZ
I received my new port today. It’s much small in diameter and a lower profile port. The old port was leaking on the outside inner edges of the hard plastic that meets the silicon center. After the port was removed and injected with saline is when the leaked appeared. It took about 30 minutes and the procedure was done at my doctor’s office. I received a local to numb up the area. I received 5cc’s into the new port, checked for leaks and then the new port was stitchered to the muscle. I am to see the doctor in a week and I hope to receive more saline to get this band back to the level I was at that allowed me to lose 70 pounds in 3 months. 

I did ask why I was able to get this procedure done in his office while others had to have the surgery done in the hospital. It all comes down to the patient’s health. I was a great candidate health wise and why I received my new port in office. This was the first time that Dr. Schwartz had really spent some time and was very open to listening and talking. Even shared a few laughs. Scott his assistant who does all the fills at another location was on hand and was the person who stitched me up and took the time to make sure I had a smooth flat scar once I heal.

In all I am very happy with the outcome even though this has slowed my march to lose my weight. I feel that maybe it was a blessing to have had this leak as I received Lap Bands new style of port that will not even be noticeable at all.

Gena L.
on 9/2/08 11:59 am - Sun City, AZ
Very interesting...thanks for sharing and glad you are back in the losing mode.  You guys sure do loose fast!  Guess that is ok as I have enough trouble keeping up with changing sizes of clothing as it is ;-)

kreyvin38
on 9/8/08 9:47 am - AZ
I am interested in getting the new low profile port as mine sticks out like a golf ball on my side...I really am kind of fearful to do anything as I have not had any problems so far and do not want to do anything that might cause a problem. I am self pay so not even sure if I could afford it. Will have to think about it some more..any info you can provide would be great.

Most Active