Happy Labor Day

ScottAZ
on 9/1/08 7:59 am - Charleston, WV
Howdy Everyone,

I am now 2 months post op and down right about 90 lbs.  I have my 3 month post op on 9/19/08 and i want to lose that extra 10lbs so i can hit that 100 mark..

What you think folks will this happen?  I started training with a personal trainer this morning, and will be doing it 2 times a week . Then spend another 60 min walking or doing step class. 

Am i pushing my self to much ?  I  know i am happy with what i have lost but I am afraid that i will be sad if i dont hit the next mile stone when i see the Dr.?

Scott

ps.. sorry about the last post with nothing my computer is acting funny..

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/08 9:29 am, edited 9/1/08 9:33 am

HEY SCOTT !

I SAY THAT WE CELEBRATE YOU AND YOUR SUCCESS...NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALE SAYS WHEN YOU GET HERE TO SEE THE DOCTOR!

Here is why...
you have lost a HUGE amount of weight...and you are obviously beyond successful...already!
BUT...
starting with your personal trainer is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC because you are going to be adding muscle to your physique...which is so beneficial in so many ways...from both a health standpoint as well as the cosmetic...building muscle impacts our overall shape as well as our posture...and thus our appearance, in a most dramatic way!

i love lifting.  i miss it...and i cannot wait to get the clearance to start lifting again...resistance training is truly an essential ingredient to my well being. 

i am not an M.D., but i have heard it said that muscle weighs more than fat...but the way muscle LOOKS as compared to fat...is...well...there is no comparison...but if you are focused on the scale...you may miss out on the opportunity to celebrate the profound transformation progress that the increase in muscle mass is going to yeild...

i know that getting to the hundred pound club is a really big deal...you will get there anyways though...

I THINK YOU SHOULD TRAIN HARD AND TRUST YOUR BODY'S WISDOM...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS, SCOTT!
DOUBLE CONGRATULATIONS FOR COMMITTING TO A PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAM ! 

ginau
on 9/1/08 1:55 pm - mesa, AZ
    Sorry to be a Buzz Kill here ... But you need to slow down a bit.  I understand your wanting to hit your next goal -- But  you have lost a lot of weight in a very short amount of time.

Dont sacrafice your health! Make sure your getting in good quality food and all your nutrients !!  NO matter what the weight is going to drop.  But you dont want the issue's that come along with Malnutrition.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/08 8:49 pm - AZ
Scott,

It was great to talk to you on the phone. You will have no problem losing that 10 lbs. Talk to you during the week. You will be fine.
Most Active