Questions about PV Hospital

vixen_luv
on 8/31/08 1:40 am - phoenix, AZ
I have some questions about PV Hospital that anyone that has been there and had Dr. Schlesinger might hopefully be able to answer. 

1.  Does PV have private rooms or semi private?

2.  Do they allow a  support person to stay with you the whole time, my husband plans on staying with me overnight.

Thanks,
Robin
ginau
on 8/31/08 2:04 am - mesa, AZ
Private rooms ! and they allow people to stay with you , but you dont get a recliner in your room . I am not sure if they have a fold out cot/bed or not ..   I can tell you  they do walk you every 2 hrs  and  they are easy to work with ,,, make sure to bring your own broth - theirs sucks !!!

and if you like herbal tea. Bring your own ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Ann M.
on 8/31/08 2:05 am - Peoria, AZ
I was in orthopedics which is right nect door to bariatrics.  There was only one bed in my room but I'm not sure about the bariatric side.  It might depend on how many people they have. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
vixen_luv
on 8/31/08 2:40 am - phoenix, AZ
do you know if they have wi-fi?
JRinAZ
on 8/31/08 7:24 am - Layton, UT

Hiya Robin!
I spent a good part of the night at P.V. on Thursday with a friend.  The room was huge, private and the staff was very laid back and easy to work with!  (they took my "suggestions" well!  LOL!) .....They were fine to let the support person (person(s) in our case) stay through the night and brought in a flip out bed with clean linens, pillow and blanket.

If you want something outside of their ordinary routine; you just have to ask, be patient and maybe have your support person remind them.  Their drink/broth choices are limited but you're on a very lmited menu anyway.....clears!

I had my own revision there Dec 26th and hubby stayed around the clock without any problems.  They weren't quite as strict with my walking as they were with my friend's.  It probably depends on the nurse..........but, I was always antsy pantsy to get out and walk anyway so maybe they felt like they could leave me to my own plan......

You'll be fine!  It's an older hospital but the care is great.  It's just a small stopover on your journey soooooooooo NO worries!

Best wishes to you for a smooth sailing trip down the skinny slide!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

vixen_luv
on 8/31/08 9:25 am - phoenix, AZ
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it!

Robin
ScottAZ
on 8/31/08 1:25 pm - Charleston, WV
Viexn,

PV was a great hospital, I was their at the end of June.  They are great with suport people being their.  Yes they do have wi-fi but i was not up to useing it.  Dam that first walk after surgery kills..

Just want to wish you the very best with all of this.  Everyone has been a great help to me..  I am now down a total of 90lbs from my meeting with Dr. S ...

If i can be any help let me know.

HUgs

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Azskyprincess
on 8/31/08 1:48 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I was at RNY at PV last Oct with Dr Simon I only had one good nurse my Dr had me up every hr on the hr during the day every 2 at night but we were all up every hr on the hr at night I just wanted UP and OUT ..as a former Nurse I was NOT impressed at all with there staff they do NOT wear glvoes when re doing your IV's ...they brought me ICE water and Dr simon almost lost his cookies over that one ...The entire floor seemed un kept and dirty...and the Broth sucked...I have had my Endo's done at PV and they were great...as for WI FI I had NO desire to chat or even get online it was sleep and walk sleep and walk then sip walk sleep ..and yes my friend stayed with me my family was on a cruise ( I gave up cruise for surgery) and yep that first time out of bed is a KILLER even with the pain ball and pain meds...good luck and yes I had a private room I was told I got one because I had 100 % insurance ...
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 9/1/08 1:11 am - Tucson, AZ
I have no complaints about PV hospital.  I had two wonderful male nurses, Alex and Michael.  I did not get out of bed for a day and a half after plastics and they came almost immediately when I buzzed.  They were also more than happy to set up a comfortable chair for my support person if he wanted to stay with me overnight.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

vixen_luv
on 9/1/08 4:26 am - phoenix, AZ
The wi-fi is for my husband not for me lol!
Most Active