starting over..

ScottAZ
on 8/25/08 4:38 pm - Charleston, WV
I made a call to Dr. S today, to explain that I have done everything that he has requested me to do with my weight loss.  This is when i let him know that no matter what I eat, I can not keep much down... Seems all I do is foam at the mouth.
I have used smaller silverwear, I have put the silverwear down while i chewing, i am chewing everything 25-30 times, waite a few minutes between bites and taking around 15-25 minutes to eat.
Well I have started back on protein shakes today for a week, then back to square one with the puree food, soft food..ugg is this ever going to stop?  Has anyone else had issues like this?

Scott
L. TP
on 8/25/08 6:13 pm
oooooooooooh yes I have!  I could barely eat anything the first 6 weeks and really the first 8 to be honest.  I had to go back to broth for a week on two different occations.  Since you talked to your sugeon I am assuming that he has ruled out a stricture....hang in there.  It gets better...
Gena L.
on 8/26/08 7:35 am, edited 8/26/08 7:36 am - Sun City, AZ
Yes Scott.....I was nauseated and throwing up from the time I got home until just the last few days. I have FINALLY gone 5  days with no nausea, no vomiting. I have not had a protein shake in 5 days now....I am using the New Whey bullets. They are about $3.00 each but they don't make me sick and they are probably not that much more than regular protein shake powder. My problem was apparently the protein shakes and I tried many kinds and mixed them many ways with milk, Lactaid and water...even making frozen protein out of it. It was not always the protein that made me sick...I know that, but the thought of it did!  I ate very, very little the first 3 months, everything made me ill and I threw up daily, sometimes several times a day. DrJ thought I had a stricture, turned out to be a tiny, tiny little ulcer...thank God not a large one! After some Carafate pills I began to feel better and could eat but that was over 3 months out. With time you will feel better Scott. I had my surgery April 3rd.....and I think from what I read on OH that this is happens with some of us no matter what. I had really started to regret my surgery...I will be honest. Sick, throwing up and absolutely no energy what so ever for the first full 3 months.  I am now feeling better, tummy settling, eating pretty much without problem as long as I use common sense. It will come. Also my father was so ill and I lost him during this time...that did not help matters either...emotional upheavel will create problems too.  Hang in there and one day you are going to realize you DO feel better!

Gena

Deanne K.
on 8/26/08 9:57 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Scott,
The first few months are difficult.  I still get the foamies when something gets stuck and I am almost 4 years out.  It will get better everyday, just hang in there.  Take it all slow and you will get there.  Keep Dr. S informed if you can't keep any water or food down, I am sure he told you this.
Deanne
MShawn62
on 8/28/08 4:01 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi Scott,

I feel your pain. I have a very limited list of foods that "work".  I've been thinking about doing the same thing and starting over except of course for the things that do go down O.K.

I hope this gets better for you.

Shawn
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wow7xaM/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wow7xaM/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Most Active