help with menus

CutieTuti
on 8/25/08 6:21 pm
Hello-
I am now a year out and have not lost what i should have..I am a lapbader. I have a hard time with selecting the right kinds of food or being prepared. Any menu ideas would really help and how they prep themselves for the week.  I need help and want this weight off for good. I should have been 90 pounds down but no way am I that.

Any advice appreciated
thanks
Kellly
Cutie Tuti
Garys
on 8/26/08 3:16 pm - Mesa, AZ

I am not really sure I can help you on menu ideas because every ones tastes are so different, but some things that have worked for me are:

Portion control. My sister found very small Tupperware containers (Ziploc brand) that are 1/2 cup in size. They are freezable, microwavable etc. When I cook food or open a can of something, I portion out my food into the containers and place them in the fridge /freezer for future use.

I am not so good at planning menus out in advance but it helps that I have a bunch of pre-portioned mini-meals ready to go. It really sucks to try to cook a 1/2 cup meal at a time so some of the time, I will pick a day and cook / prep food for several days and and portion it out to have it ready.

Some of the foods that I have been eating (almost everything is in 1/2 cup portions)

Breakfast foods
Scrambled egg whites with a bit of turkey or chicken sausage
Oatmeal with a bit of soy milk
Protein shake if I am late for work

Lunch foods
Turkey breast cubed with a small amount of cheese
Low fat cottage cheese
Greek yogurt 
Refried beans with cheese / salsa

Dinner foods
Whatever the wife is eating that I can but much smaller portions !
Other foods similar to the lunch foods above.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Most Active