I need advice please!

Gena L.
on 8/22/08 2:32 pm - Sun City, AZ
  Yes, you are right....I did a boo boo...now the weight loss does not sound so bad ;-)

Ann M.
on 8/23/08 8:37 am - Peoria, AZ
Gena, if you're on thyroid medication DO NOT do soy milk or soy protein.  It interferes with the absorption of your synthroid.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Gena L.
on 8/23/08 8:49 am - Sun City, AZ
No thyroid problems Ann....but thanks for reminding me ;-)  Did you get my e-mail?

Gena

Gena L.
on 8/23/08 12:20 pm - Sun City, AZ
Well....New Whey bullets  it is. Looks like at least 3 per day so looking for a really good price.  I will also be eating a LOT of protein. In a way it is a big relief to me to make this decision as being nausous and throwing up every night wasreally  getting old, not to mention upsetting both my DH and mother. Last night I drank no protein and was neither sick or throwing up. For some reason the New Whey bullet does not bother me so I got a supply of them today. Also Smart & Final has most of the Torani syrups on sale for $3.99 each. I picked up a 1/2 case of strawberry as it is my fav. Thanks everyone I appreciate all the input and suggestions!

Gena

L. TP
on 8/24/08 1:24 pm
My NUT says if thats happening then go off of it for a week and try it again.  Eggface has awesome protein ice cream recipes.  There must be 40 on her site, I swear.  I always mix half MAX liquid protein with half of crystal ligh****er.  If I don't, I have troubles like you.  Maybe try that.

Hugs!
Gena L.
on 8/24/08 2:57 pm, edited 8/24/08 4:20 pm - Sun City, AZ
Nausea and vomiting has been an everyday problem since I came home from the hospital Lyns.  The last 2 days...no protein other than the New Whey liquid bullet and NO nausea, no vomiting. Tonight so far I have in 110 gms of protein and no nausea, no vomiting. I will be doing another 21 before bed. for a total of 131. That is enough proof for me that the protein shakes have been causing my problem. Down the road I will try them again but not for a month or so. I am content with my totals for the day and I should be feeling better in a week or so now that I am able to get enough from my food and bullets. 

Edited:  I have an ice cream maker and have made batches of the frozen protein. It does the same thing as the drinks.

Sandra C.
on 8/24/08 9:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ

Hi Gena
I have the same problem you do. I have never been one for liquids and I gag if I take anything I know has something in it that's good for me. That's why I can handle Optifast because it's in a pill form. I was so glad to hear about the Starbucks protein but since that didn't work out I'll do what I have been doing and eat as much protein food as allowed. I may try the whey bullets since they seem to be working for you. I am loosing slowly also, but I think it is because I have not been exersizing as I should. Have a wonderful day! :)

Sandra

Most Active