Starbucks Protein Powder

Sandra C.
on 8/21/08 1:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey friends
I went to the starbucks by where I live at tatum and Bell and asked if the protein powder could be put in a hot coffee drink. The girl said yes, so I ordered an Americano with 2 scoops of protein. When I opened the lid to put my lFF milk in it there was a big chunk of protein floating on top. I should have known something was not right and stopped there. But, I took it back to the counter and asked the girl if the protein powder had been stirred with the water before the coffee was completely done. The gentlemand behind the counter making the drinks said he had stirred it first to disolve it. The girl behind the counter said she would make me another one. I watched this time and she put the powder and ho****er into a blender and then proceeded to finish makinf the drink, hence there wasn't any big visable lumps. well, last evening I started having major gas and gas pains so ba, I thought I was going to give birth. It was so bad that I called the ER and talked to the nurse. She said not to take anything, maybe ice chips or clear liquids and ride it out but if the pain got to bad to come into the ER. The pain was REALLY bad and I was scaring RAy by my moaning and grabbing the arm of the chair till the contraction stopped. Finally, I started going to the bathroom and it was really awful, because everytime I got up I had to turn right around and go back to the BR. I was sipping water because I was getting dehydrated and shaky. I am better this morning, no pain but still a lot of bathroom action. The nurse told me if I had food poisoning I would have been vomiting also and Ray and I ate the exact same thing yesterday, the only difference being that I hadSB coffee and he didn't so I concluded that with the hot drinks at SB the protein powder doesn't mis as it should. I am not sure if that was the cause of my "labor Pains" but I know one thing, I will not have anymore coffee with protein powder. Just wanted to let everyone know. I think I will call SB and talk to a manager and see what they say!.
ginau
on 8/21/08 2:22 am - mesa, AZ
Oh  Sandy

I am so sorry !! I never add protein to hot drinks I order out .. Only ones I make at home.. Cuz I have my special supplies  ~~ But  I do like SB cold coffee drinks with their protein.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Sandra C.
on 8/21/08 2:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Jeanna..Next time I'll have the cold coffee drink. One good thing I have to say, is that it didn't change the flavor of the coffee in anyway! The girl working there was so cute and excited and told me I should try the Vivaldi (?) She said it is amazing. I asked if it had sugar and she said yes, a little. I know she would have felt bad if she knew what happened to me. It might have even been just my body reacting that wasy, I don't know. :)
Gena L.
on 8/21/08 2:05 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thanks Sandra....I have enough bathroom issues as it is...think I will pass on the protein, hot and cold and stick to what I know won't make me sick. Glad you are feeling better!

Gena

Most Active