Are You Having Troubles With Your Lapband Leaking?

JudynBama
on 6/7/12 5:32 pm - AL
Hello..
I have had a issue with the band not staying filled.  I went to my doctor several times and he did and adjustment and I would go home and things would be like I never had one and I had no restrictions whatsoever.  After the doctor taking the fill out and putting more in there he finally discovered it was leaking.  It was actually the port and it was defective.  I to had to pay over $3,000.00 to have a port replaced.  This took place in September of 2010.  I am possibly in the same position AGAIN.  I have had 4 adjustments to tighten the band and again, having no restrictions.  My last visit to the doctor about two weeks ago the doctor took all my fill out and he looked to see how much he had put in the previous visit.  At that time it was apparently all there.  Yesterday, I again, went back to the doctor.  He then proceeded to took all of the fill out and when he attempted to he actually looked at his nurse and said "I can't belive this, she has already had one port replaced."  He again, put more fill into the band.  He made me wait a little bit while he worked with some other patients. He wanted me to wait to see if I may had a leak.  I went back in and apparently I had no leak.  I mentioned something about a slow leak and he said he had never seen a slow leak.  He said see how this does and I have to go back in two weeks. He said he had put 4 cc in. But, as of this writing, I have no restriction. I am very frustrated as I don't know what my issue could be.
VickyDnGA
on 4/20/13 12:29 pm - Tifton, GA
I was banded in Aug 2005. My band is leaking, I have no restriction, have gained 40 lbs back and my doc keeps telling me that I'm not trying to work at weight loss and the band leakage is normal. I'm in Georgia
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 3:41 am
On April 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM Pacific Time, VickyDnGA wrote:
I was banded in Aug 2005. My band is leaking, I have no restriction, have gained 40 lbs back and my doc keeps telling me that I'm not trying to work at weight loss and the band leakage is normal. I'm in Georgia

There is absolutely nothing normal about a band leak.  Nothing.

TMClem62530
on 7/3/14 4:49 am - Wheeling, WV

I was banded January 2004, but now have leak. It is usually caused by needle punctured tubing or band/port leaking which isn't normal. Osmosis can happen, but not a large amount. Have him check amount, do x-ray with contrast or speak with nutritionist armed with your food log to discuss what else you can do.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad! You know your body best and your concerns should be explored without judgment.  Just my opinion.

Tacy

catndave
on 3/5/09 2:10 pm

i am having a problem with my band, and it seems to be a leak.  I have had a total of 17cc injected, with zero restriction so far.  The fluid is obviously going somewhere, but the dr can not aspirate any of the fluid out.  But, air comes out- it is very weird.  I had mine place 12/09 in Mexico.  So, I'm going back so they can diagnose the problem.  Very frustrating, especially since I paid cash!!  Plus, I have lost ZERO pounds!

Most Active