I am home! Thank you!

TaiyaD
on 8/18/08 6:16 am - Chandler, AZ

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that I am home and resting. Also, thank you to all of you that sent well wishes. I appreciate each and every one of you. I also want to give a special thank you to my Angel Reggie! She offered encouragement, help and continued to check in. I am so grateful for you Reggie!

The surgery went fine. I spent 3 days in the hospital and didn't have a lot of pain. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I am experiencing the worst pain now, but it is more of a sore feeling on my left side. No big deal. ;-)

The biggest struggle for me is getting my water in. I had no idea it would be so hard! I did fabulous prior to surgery, and now I am not getting nearly enough. I am taking it one day at a time and know that with prayer all will be just fine.

One last thank you to everyone! This is a fabulous site with tons of support.

Nat

Enjoying my new life!

ginau
on 8/18/08 7:05 am - mesa, AZ
Sip, sip, sip -  keep a bottlein your hands at all times !! Left side is  camera port side - its going to hurt a while - Ice pack it  or if its starts to  ooze and drain -  place a warm compress to relieve the pain.

Very happy to know you had a sucessful & uneventfull surgery !

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

TaiyaD
on 8/23/08 3:57 pm - Chandler, AZ

Thank you for your advice Ginau! I would say the left side just being sore was the worse part, but that is gone now. Woo Hoo! :)

Nataiya

Enjoying my new life!

Sandra C.
on 8/18/08 8:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
Owiee, Owiee,Owiee..I know it hurts at first and you're kind of out of it thinking "how am I supposed to exercise?" and "eat protein" and "Take those humonguos pills?, let alone drink liquids..and you're tired. But the good news is you made it and your on your way to a new life! Congratulations!
TaiyaD
on 8/23/08 3:58 pm - Chandler, AZ

Yes Sandra, you are absolutely right! I did make it and I feel fabulous and excited about my future. Thank you! :)

Nataiya

Enjoying my new life!

JRinAZ
on 8/18/08 1:57 pm - Layton, UT
Hiya there Nat!!!
Congrats to you!  No worries about tha****er in these first couple of moments...BUT.....start thinking of water bottles as an addition to your hand for the rest of your life!  LOL!  I used to set out 6 water bottles each morning (I liked mine room temp for the first couple of years post-op) and wouldn't let myself have Crystal Light or other tastey liquids til the water bottles were empty!  .....Now I down so many I don't need to count.......I can judge on the shade of........ "cough, cough"........my urin (gasp).....if more water needs to be coming my direction....

Walk and sip and you'll be on the right track!

How bout joining us at the Chandler Support Group next Tuesday???  We are a FUN FUN FUN group of support folks!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

TaiyaD
on 8/23/08 4:02 pm - Chandler, AZ

Hi Joyce,

You are so funny! I couldn't help but smile when I read your response. Who would have thought that I would be so fascinated with looking at the color of (you know). It is so comical to think about it, but it is a gauge that is very critical. I am doing much better with getting my liquids in. It is good to hear that all of this will become habit soon. Right now it seems like I have to think to hard about everything. :) I might be able to make it to the support group meeting on Tuesday. What time is the meeting, and location? Thanks again!

Nataiya

Enjoying my new life!

azreggie
on 8/19/08 4:28 am - Tucson, AZ

Welcome to the Loser's bench! 

Reggie

TaiyaD
on 8/23/08 4:04 pm - Chandler, AZ

Hi Reggie,

Thank you! I am doing really great, and getting into the groove of things. I dropped 13 pounds from pre-op to one week post-op, so that feels great! Talk to you soon.

Nat

Enjoying my new life!

azreggie
on 8/24/08 3:59 am - Tucson, AZ
Sounds like you're on your way! 

Reggie

Most Active