hi everyone i am new to this board!

tdholtry
on 8/18/08 3:35 am
i came to this board hoping to find more of Dr. Blackstone's surgery people here. i had my surgery on 7/15/08 and i am struggling with only having protein and nothing else i am just about to get to add fruit and cooked veggie's. however i really need help getting throught this part so if anyone can help me get throught it that would be great.  i live in new mexico and came out there for my surgery. also i just got home last thursday from having a stricture repaired. anyway hope i can find people that can help with my issue. thank you

Danielle

ginau
on 8/18/08 3:56 am - mesa, AZ

Danielle

Welcome -  you will find a few of Dr B patients here. I used to be one of them - Long story for another day !

So what are you currently eating  to get your protein in ?  cottage cheese, greek yogurt is  much higher in protein !!! than regular,  steamed Shrimp,  deli slices of chicken and turkey.  refried beans with low fat cheese.  eggs of all type - deviled, boiled, fried , salad  with mayo...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/08 9:54 am
Welcome to the board.  You will find a really supportive group here.

tdholtry
on 8/19/08 1:17 am

hi ginau, yep you would be correct about what i am eating. i talked to the nut and they went ahead and gave me what fruits and veggie's i could eat. last night i made a great quiche without crust it was awsome. thank you to everyone.

Danielle

Sandra C.
on 8/19/08 1:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the board! How do you know that you have a stricture? I have heard of it, but don't know what it would feel like. Anyway, I'm glad you're all right. The food does get boring, doesn't it? I like egg salad, chopped really fine and deviled eggs using the low-fat mayo. I can't tell the difference. It's funny how I didn't like any food labeled diet before the surgery and now it tastes good. At work we had a covered dish and I made deviled eggs and they went fast and no one even knew they were diet! When I crave something sweet I eat a sugar free pudding. At work I have a box of Crystal Light Peach Tea singles in my desk and I haven't grown tired of them since April when I started drinking it. That's good for me because I am not a water drinker. I have been drinking coffee also that I make at my desk, but decided I need to switch to decaf because I have been getting jittery and not sleeping good. I'm off work tomorrow so I'm going to the grocery and get a jar to keep in my desk. Nice to meet you!
tdholtry
on 8/20/08 6:30 am

thanks sandra. well i knew i had a stricture because nothing would go down it all just got stuck even water i got very ill. so i went and had it fixed the opening to my pouch was only 1/2 open. anyway nice to meet you

Danielle

Most Active