Hi I'm new to the boards

chathot
on 8/18/08 3:39 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi my name is Candy and I had the gastric bypass march of 07. I have lots of health problems that prevented me from any kind of exercise. I lost 88 pounds. At which time (march 08) I had to have open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve then shortly after that I had to have a pacemaker implanted. I am now down 94 pounds. I would like to find a support group and make some new friends. I am 89 pounds to goal and feel Im stuck now. If anyone would like to become my friend or even just to give me some guidence, it would be great.
ginau
on 8/18/08 3:59 am - mesa, AZ

welcome to the  board...

From the sounds of it - your doing great !!

question - why do you feel stuck ??  is it a plateau ?

Plateau Buster  = increase water & protein , decrease carbs !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 8/18/08 2:01 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Candy!
You have been through some life changing trials sweetie pie!  I'd say you're due for a big dose of cyber huggggzzzzz from the bunch of us!!!!  Check back through the old message posts and you'll see all kinds of support group options available.  I'm a bit of a support group junkie (addiction transferance???)  and can be spotted all over Arizona!  LOL!  I'll be at the Chandler Support Group next Tuesday (4th Tuesday of every month) and would love to meet you!   There are oodles of folks there who are getting "back on track"!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

chathot
on 9/16/08 2:15 am - Peoria, AZ
Thank you for the hugzzzz I sure needed them. I will look thru the forum for some groups near me. I'm in Peorria and dont have the money to go to far from home. Am looking forward to meeting you and all the other nce people on here.
JRinAZ
on 9/16/08 2:48 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Chathot!
Don't miss this fabulous weekend just cuz of $$..........I know that Dr. Gitt or even O.H. has offered a couple of scholarships to events in the past.  Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested.....AND....there are many lovely folks coming from the Peoria area....I'll bet they would be happy to add you to their carpool!

Friday - 6:30 - 8:30 is a Meet and Greet and includes nibbles....Saturday is 8 to 5 and includes nibblbes plus lunch.....door prizes, vendor goodies, presentations from all types of folks to inform, motivate and inspire!

Join us!!!!  you will be sooooo glad you did!
Joyce 

chathot
on 9/17/08 12:51 am - Peoria, AZ
Is this the one in chandler? I could possibly go on sat for my daughter has a cross country meet in flag all day. My email is
[email protected] and you can call me Candy. Lol my screen name is what I use for chatting and forget to use my real name.
How much is the sat one? Thanks so much. Its nice to know there are such nice folks out there I have felt so lonely and that makes wondering so easy and I want to reach my goal weight. How do you get the goal counter?
JRinAZ
on 9/18/08 2:04 am - Layton, UT
Candy!
Call me at at the office today and I'll hook you up with some tickets.  Though I'm sure Dr. Gitt would have offered a couple of scholarships to those in need; a sweet lady from this forum actually donated her 2 tickets since she had something come up and can't make it!  Sooooo.....You may have them if you call me!!!! 

Anyone else wanting to attend but is unable to because of financial reasons.....Please give me a call.  Joyce at North Valley Plastic Surgery= 480.991.6877

Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!  It starts TOMORROW!!!!!!

C U there or be square!  ...Or be round?  Hmmmmmmmm ....how about....."be lacking in the great info, motivation and inspiration that will surely be there! ....not to mention FUN!"

NO ONE should feel uncomfortable in this environment.  This is OUR community!  WE UNDERSTAND!!!! 

Rideshares are going on from all corners of AZ!!!  Just post if you need a ride!

Joyce 

chathot
on 9/19/08 4:53 am - Peoria, AZ
Oh my gosh that was so nice. I totally forgot that I have a sleep study test tonight. So I will have to pass on this one I am sorry. But there will be a next time. Thank you again
chathot
on 9/19/08 5:17 am - Peoria, AZ
Joyce after i messaged you I thought about it. I do have a sleep study tonite but I decided I cant hide anymore. I need to get out there with others and helping myself instead of caging myself up in my home. I called your office but they said you were out today. I left them my phone number so maybe you can call me. Thank you
JRinAZ
on 9/19/08 7:43 am - Layton, UT
Hey....the office called me about you.  NOt sure if they called you back or not.....PLZ come!!!!  I'm jumping in the shower then heading back over to set up....Just give them my name when you come if anyone asks tell them you are guest of NVPS.  I don't think they are even checking registration until tomorrow morning anyway and we'll have your name solidly on a list by then!!!

yahooooooooooo!!!!  Can't wait to meet you and so many others!

Gotta run....
Joyce 

Most Active