Dr Monash anyone?

cheriaz04
on 8/17/08 12:39 pm
Anyone here from the Tucson area and are or have been patients of Dr. Monash?  I would like your input.  We met him and he and his office staff are so very nice.  I had just the one meeting and he gave me a check list for the tests I needed before we could submit my request to my ins company for lapband surgical weight loss.  I have my final test in hand and ready to mail that off tomorrow morning. 

If you have him or had him, were you pleased with the overall success of your procedure?  Do you feel you have received the attention you needed if you later had questions or concerns?  What hospital did you have your sugery, how was your care there? Any advice or information you think would be helpful, please pass that along also.

Thank you.
mommymonfort
on 8/23/08 11:01 am - Tucson, AZ
I am a current patient of Dr. Monash's.  I think he is wonderful.  I had gastric bypass on August 11 at St. Marys Hopital (which is the only hospital that he does his procedures at).  The nurses there were great, I had one that was a pain....but there is always gonna be one.  My nurse that I saw the most was Tammy and she was WONDERFUL.  Dr. Monash came to see me in my room a few times and was always ready and willing to answer any and all questions I had.  The same applies for Dr. Monash at the office, he is always pleasant and willing to answer questions.  He is great, I really cant say enough good things about him.  I couldnt be happier in my choice of surgeon.  Let me know if you have any questions and I will answer what I can.  I hope this helps.  And good luck on you weight lose journey.

Dawn
cheriaz04
on 8/24/08 1:11 pm
Dawn,

Thank you for your reply to my message.  I see so many other's with their Dr's names listed and I had not seen Monash mentioned anywhere so far.  I am glad your experience with him has been a good one. That's helpful to know.

Congrats on your wls and I hope things are going well for you.  I am in Tucson, on the upper NW side.  I do not even know where St Mary's Hosp is located.  I know where UMC and North West Hosp are and I have been to St Joseph (????) Hospital once.  Maybe I am calling St Joes by the wrong name.  Oh and I have never been there but I know where TMC is, driven by it anyway.  I'll have to look up St Mary's.

I am hoping for a real short hospital stay.  What day of the week did you have your surgery on?  I am hoping for an end of the week sort of thing, to miss as little work as possible.  I started a new job and attendance is a huge factor for me.  I am having banding, not gbp. 

Good luck to you as you continue on your journey.
Most Active