Be careful

Sandra C.
on 8/16/08 9:13 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone...I had a bad experience that I thought I should write and tell everyone about so maybe it will help prevent this from happening to them. I should have known better, but I'm stubborn and if something needs done, I plunge right in without thinking sometime. I was looking for a Tivo Remote and started lifting boxes and the last box I lifted shot a pain through my right side in the rib area, Well, it left me incapacitaed for about a month and a half.. I had a revision open bypass april 8th and I was so lucky I didn't damage any of that. What I did do was pull some muscles in my chest. Felt like broken ribs! It really hurt and I had to be very still and move as little as possible for it to heal. So, don't be a dummy like me and watch the lifting, especially if you have open surgery. Other than that I am doing great, I have been lucky and have not had any other problems from the surgery. I almost feel guilty when I read about some of the after effects some of you are having. I am losing slowly but  surely now. I stalled for a while because I couldn't exercise but I am back on track, I went to see my Primary care Dr and he was really pleased with the results of my bllodwork. Before the surgery I was borderline diabetic and now, "Yippee" my sugar is back to normal. My blood pressure is stable and right on target. No more BP meds. Another "Yipee." Dr Juarez office called and Emilio said my Vitamin D level was low, even though I faithfully take my multivitamin, and he suggested a supplement so I started that. I was also told that I should get in the sun for at least 20 minutes a day, which is hard to do in this weather, but I am trying. I just started to get the "hair falling out" thing. I have a thick head of hair, so I don't care because I know eventually it will stop. Oh, another thing. When I had my first surgery in 1983, one of the after effects was that I got sick if I ate eny ice cream. Guess what? Now , for some strange reason, I can eat ice cream! It's totally amazing and great because I used to love it and nowdays there is so many sugar free flavors that I am loving it! One last thing, I can't change my ticker because I forgot my password and didn't write it down. I think either this surgery is making me dumber or it could be my age. So the weight on my ticker isn't changing, but as long as those scales keep changing, that's what it's all about, Have a wonderful day everyone!
Deweyscts
on 8/17/08 12:43 am - Scottsdale, AZ
So I guess the moral of the story is NOT to pick up boxes. 

Wow off BP Pills thats great.  Sugar low thats wonderful.  How does it feel to be on the path to a healthier you??????  I bet you're getting alot more energy and gusto for life. 

Congradulations keep up the good work.

Dewey
Deweyscts
on 8/17/08 12:48 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Hey Sandra.....I just read your profile and we are the same age....Your Avatar picture looks really young like 30 something.  How'd you do that?????

Dewey
Sandra C.
on 8/17/08 1:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Dewy
Guess what? We are the same height also. I shrunk an inch 2 years ago and my BMI went up! As for looking younger..remeber those Noxema commercials when we were younger? I used to slather that stuff on my face every night, till I started having kids. Maybe it helped.
I do feel so much more healthy. I find myself having more patience, smiling more and just enjoying life more in general!
L. TP
on 8/17/08 4:00 pm
Hey Sandra...you look amazing.
Most Active