Dr Schlesinger support report !

ginau
on 8/16/08 3:19 pm - mesa, AZ
Wow 30 folks showed up today for the support group,  no big topic was discussed, we had a great question & answer session.

As always Doc was on Hand to answer  question ,

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Deweyscts
on 8/16/08 3:48 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
It was a great support group today.....Met so many wonderful hopefilled people...I loved it...Thank you Dr. S. and Jen for having this informative and brilliant session and including me.  By the way I forgot to introduce my husband who I dragged to the meeting...Sorree....His name is Dave and we've been married 35 years.  I'm sure no ones counting.......but just so you know...

Peace

Dewey
Dawn T.
on 8/16/08 11:27 pm - Phoenix, AZ

I, too, had a great experience!  Thanks Ginaau for the Matrix and new protein supplement info - I'm going to Costco today to get some!! 

I love all the people - very warm and friendly.  I feel so very fortunate to have found Dr. S and to have another chance to acheive success!

Thanks Dr S and Jen for pulling this together.  The support is just awesome!!

Dawn T.

keyboards 001
Garys
on 8/17/08 6:04 am - Mesa, AZ

It was good to see everyone at the group.

I think with the size of the group there may have to be a little more structure put into place in order to make good use of the time there. I know that sturcture or organization in a support group that is all about the warm and fuzzy may sound a little odd but I think it may actually help.

I like the idea of the "theme" meetings. That Dr S. or whatever speaker might after the intial introductions, speak for maybe 15 minutes on a specific subject and then maybe Q/A on that specific subject, then maybe general Q/A followed by general "free for all" break into specific groups as required.

We can suggest specific topics that we would like to have addressed like:

Plateau busting 101

Nutrition for Dummies

Post surgery /low impact safe excercise and fitness to aid in weight loss / health.

Building you own personal support system / defeating negativity in others about your
WLS decision.

Surviving restaraunts

Etc.  I am sure the members of this board can come up with a zillion others like this.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Lori G.
on 8/18/08 2:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
It was such a pleasure to meet all of you on Saturday at support groupl and I hope that with Jen's assistance we will be able to continue the momentum forward. 

Have a great week!

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Gwynn M.
on 8/16/08 5:48 pm - Tucson, AZ

It was a really enlighting support group experience!  I got to meet some very sincere, kind people!  I've been to support groups before......but the connection in THIS room was TRUE.

It was a great feeling to sit and listen and learn with a group of people who are all on the same path..........and can relate without judgements!   I'm so glad that I went up there!

Thank you Jeanna for my MATRIX!  Mack came home and made a shake right away!  I'll wait til tomorrow, still full from our FUN dinner!!  That was a BLAST!!  Jen is too funny!

Was so EXCELLENT to meet you and everybody else that I've been talking to for years!!
It's a joy to connect the REAL LIVE people with all the talk on here! 

Dr. Schlesinger is one of a kind.  I have NEVER been SO IMPRESSED with a surgeon, a surgeon that is a REAL person with true talent and compassion. (AND, a VERY COOL hat!)

Look forward to being able to get up there for some more SUPPORT & FUN!
Gwynn in Tucson (still waiting on an approval!)

ginau
on 8/17/08 4:14 am - mesa, AZ
Gwynn
 It was great to meet you and Hubby . come up any time. maybe next Month Hotel Underwood  will have an opening ??  It was fun havine Deanne come and hang out this week-end .  And   yesterdays group was a little small  compared to month before.  I know of at least another 8 people missing in action.

I am so excited about new matrix  product- will  find out when they are available - I might just put in an order  to have on hand .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Deanne K.
on 8/17/08 8:15 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All,
I was so excited to see everyone yesterday and getting to meet even more new people.  Thanks Dr. Schlessinger and Jen for a great group.  Getting together at Dinner was also a great time.  I so enjoy getting to know everyone in a more personal way.

Jeanna it was fun staying the weekend with you.  Had a great time.  Thanks again for your hospitality, I really appreciate it. 

Gwynn, Glad to finally get to see each other.  I know you will be approved.  Keep the faith.

Hope to see everyone at the OH convention next month.
Deanne
Gwynn M.
on 8/19/08 2:47 am - Tucson, AZ

Hi Jeannaaaaa,

Where is Hotel Underwood located and how much is it????

Gwynn - who LUVSSSS here CHOCOLATE MATRIX and has to put hubby on PROTEIN PIGGY WATCH!! (he's had more shakes than ME!!!  LOL!!!)

JRinAZ
on 8/18/08 2:08 pm - Layton, UT

Hiya Gary!
Great support report and great suggestions!  Love those topics! ......I would add a few like:

How to assure the waiter/waitress that you really DID enjoy the meal even though you only ate a couple of bites!

How to control squeeling with delight when the seatbelt in the airplane needs to be pulled tighter than the person who sat there before you!

O.K......my list is long....LOL! 

So sad I missed the support meeting!  It sounds like many of my favorite buds were there!  .....Oh well......the AZ O.H. party is just a few weeks away then we can chat and chat and chat and......

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active