WE'RE HOME!!!

Rachel B.
on 8/15/08 2:26 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
So, mom woke me from my peaceful sleep @ 0700.  She was dressed & packin'!  It took me, what felt like forever, to wake up!  But we hit the road somewhere around 0900, headed for Van Horn, TX, in what was to be a 2-3 day trip in short bursts.  Somehow the Nuvi had us continuing on 90 all the way to Van Horn, rather than heading from Sanderson up to Ft. Stockton & I-10 (I know, doesn't make sense, but go with me here).  So, we go thru this little town called Alpine & came across a chinese restaurant.  We ask the ladies for just broth, cos we just had stomach surgery.  She brings us probably 2 quarts of the most yummy broth (kinda had a saltine type flavor) in a big bowl with a ladle & the bill - $2.14!!!!!!!!  OH MY GOD!!  So, we eat about 2 cups of the stuff, between the two of us and asked for a carry out container (you know they would just throw it away!), and I'm feeling peppy... LETS RIDE!!!  Short story - We came home!!! 

It was 800 miles from Tucson to Eagle Pass & prolly a little more on the way back through the TX back country (beautiful, but too desolate & small towny), totaling prolly a little over 1600 miles round trip.

NOW, HERE'S THE KICKER!!!!!

HYBRIDS!  THERE AIN'T MANY DOWN THAR!!!!!  Cracked me up!  I pulled up to a local market in Eagle Pass & you'd a swore I was an alien getting outtta a space ship the way all them folks stared at me!

THIS IS WHY AND WHERE HYBRIDS ROCK!  ROUND TRIP COST OF GAS FOR 1600+ MILES...

$140.42

Beats $800 for airfare!!!!

So, we's home & EXHAUSTED!!! 

Sleepy Time!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

liveinphx
on 8/16/08 1:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
So glad to hear you are home safely. Sounds like you both made it through the procedures like champs. Yee Haw, congrats and all that other stuff.
I will be down your way next Sunday and be hanging at La Ventana until Thur afternoon. Hope you are feeling well enough for us to meet up in person and perhaps toast a protein shake to our successes
Rachel B.
on 8/16/08 3:58 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
I hope I'll actually be able to tolerate my protein shakes by then!!!  I am soooo looking forward to it!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Sandra C.
on 8/16/08 8:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
That's a good story! I probably spend almost that much on gas in a month just driving around town. Hope you're feeling well and enjoying the nice day. I just let the dog out and it is actually good weather out.
Most Active