Hey Everyone!! Im Back!!

dramqueen6
on 8/15/08 4:25 am - Glendale, AZ

I have been away and I am sorry.. I have had some rough times.. I am down 27 lbs.. I cant eat anything but yogurt, fruit, soup.. I have tried chicken and turkey and i get sick on each ot them.. Its odd but if its hot then i get sick unless its the vegetable soup i found..  Is this normal??  I call the doctors office and I am feeling like one of those complainer patients!  I havent been able to take my vitamins either (i know!! i know!! dont yell at me! lol).. I really need your guys input.. What is this?  Is this normal and i should just go as i have been or should i be worried? 

Thanks Guys!!

Luvs!

ginau
on 8/15/08 5:55 am - mesa, AZ
1- What procedure did you have
2. make sure food is very moist and chew , chew , chew
3 dont worry about vitamins - lets get basics down first ..

Last Dont worry about calling - they have people to answer the phone , Its not like Blackstone is going to answer it and you would be taking her away  from something..
ginau
on 8/15/08 3:47 pm, edited 8/15/08 3:52 pm - mesa, AZ
You should call them.  You may have a stricture.  You should never be afraid to call them, that is what they were paid for and that is their job.  You need to be your best advocate.  Sorry using Gina's computer and the confusion.
Deanne

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

L. TP
on 8/15/08 3:50 pm
Well I am not saying you shouldn't call them, you should.

This all were things I experienced as well right down to chicken and vitimins.  It took about 2 months to be able to eat without throwing up every meal (only about 2 weeks now).  I did not have a stricture according to tests.   You may have one though.  So, if you feel you need to call, by all means!

Its gets way better very soon!

Me.
dramqueen6
on 8/18/08 6:15 am - Glendale, AZ

I had gastric laporscopic

They told me since I could keep water down then I didnt have a stricture.. I can keep liquids down and soup and such, but the instance it is something different I get sick.. and It hurts!! I am drinking the water, but it has to be ice cold.. Its weird but if the water isnt in ice or very cold it makes me sick.. I am just trying my best to get down what i can....

Thanks guys for your advice!  I am hoping this is just a hurdle and it will all get better..

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Nicole W.
on 8/22/08 3:30 am - Cave Creek, AZ

Just because you can keep fluids down, doesn't rule out a stricture.  They should know that...  I was able to eat fine but I was down to 4mm, but that was also because I was chewing my food very very well.   There were people on this board that went 8 months being sick and miserable because they didn't want to take care of it or bother the office... and it sounds just like your situation too.
The procedure for fixing the stricture is easy... I had 3 of them!

I would keep on calling... email the nutritionists also with your concerns.  Last thing you want is to be in the ER for dehydration.

TinkerBell

Most Active