Stuck in a little rut ....

iveseenital
on 8/13/08 10:00 pm - AZ

I had my Surgery April 3rd.. I have lost quite a bit But this last few months have been tough. I went on vacation, and when I weighed in @ Dr Blackstones office I lost 2.5lbs, and Gained 2.5lbs of Muscle. That was 7/26/07. I had a fill ( I am now 6cc in a 9cc band) I feel a little fuller with meals but not much. I go to the support meeting, and I am swimming daily. I havent lost hardly anything in 2 months. I am eating alot of protien. I am drinking tons. I am doing what they say to do... But not seeing on the scales.

My next fill appointment isnt until 9/10

As a nurse I know Im not in the sweet spot yet. That I need to mix up the exersize, but what else can I do??? Should I call and see if I can get in sooner? Any ideas?? Its been hot, so I havent been able walk as much as I have when I first had the Lap Band surgery. I started this Journey weighing 322, and am currently 267.5, Which is awsome, and I am proud of that.

ginau
on 8/13/08 10:54 pm - mesa, AZ

Banders are slower loosers , be patient - yeah right !!

Seriously - you might just be retaining water,  try watching your intake of salt, and switch things up a little, sounds like a plateau and it just needs time  to break.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

azreggie
on 8/14/08 3:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi, I was swimming 3 X a week and then the pool started having clorine issues.  I knew that I had to do something so I went and got on the recumbant bike at the gym.  I've done that 3 X this week and have lost 4 lbs.  I thought I was in a stall.  I think that I can get my heart rate up higher than when I am swimming, hence the 4 lb loss.  Maybe just change things up, but this is working for me so I'm gonna work it.

Reggie

L. TP
on 8/14/08 4:33 am
Bands are slower on weight loss and have a lower success rate.  Most achieve their goals though and I believe you will as well.  Its a terrific option.

If you are not excersizing and getting your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes a day then this to me is the biggest probable answer to the slow weight loss.  This is key.  I know a membership at LA Fitness right now is $25/mo.  and I am sure most are competetive.

Best of luck!  Your weight loss thus far is terrific and you really should be proud of yourself!

Most Active