Food Ideas

ScottAZ
on 8/13/08 12:05 pm - Charleston, WV
Anyone have any ideas for me.

I am 7 weeks out and i trying to eat moist type foods.  The issue is i am sick of turkey meat loaf, eggs, greek yogurt.  I have tried turkey burgers and it did not work out to wel..
I dont like beans at all.. Can anyone give me some ideas..

Is there any veggies juice out there besides V8? I dont like tomato juice. 

Is this a common issue for everyone too?

Scott
Garys
on 8/13/08 2:32 pm - Mesa, AZ

Some of the other things I have been eating that you did not mention,

Low fat Cottage cheese,

Other types of cheese mixed with eggs etc.

Chicken / Turkey sausages

I have started to eat Fish, I am not a big seafood eater but I really need to keep things "mixed up" so I don't get sick of what I am eating. I have found I can tolerate Salmon and tried Tilapia (sp?) for the first time the other night. I actually liked it.

Oatmeal once or twice when I could not think of having an egg for breakfast.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Dawn T.
on 8/13/08 2:44 pm - Phoenix, AZ

Hi Scott -
First and formost - I'm passing good vibes to you for getting a job and everything turning upward for you in the near future!! You may not remember me, but I was also in Dr. S's last support group, awaiting my surgery. 

I was a Weigh****chers leader until December, when I had to leave because I couldn't keep my weight down after having my band removed. One thing I took away from that experience was a document containing quick recipes, meal and snack ideas, supermarket finds, etc..., and is a culmination of many people and resources over a few years.

Anyway, I'm in the process of changing it to be more fitting to the post WLS lifestyle.
It's a work in progress but you're welcome to it if you think it might help. Some of the items I've even taken the liberty to copy from this site.  Just let me know if you'd like me to send it to you.  It's a large formatted WORD doc that may need an email address that can handle larger attachments. 

God bless and best of luck on your continuing journey and know that even us "lurkers" are rooting for ya!

Dawn

keyboards 001
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/08 10:08 am
Fish and shrimp sat well with me. Cottage cheese, cheese, tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, mushed up cauliflower with cheese, malt o meal, and of course chili.
Most Active