Got a question for ya'll.... :)

klyn13jwl
on 8/7/08 3:34 pm - Lakeside, AZ
Before I went to my consult with my surgeon, I thought I had all my "T"s crossed and my "I"s dotted....turned out that he wanted me to have a cardio (EKG).  Got that done today and they, supposedly, faxed it to my surgeon.  My insurance is Medicare A & B.  Which brings me to my question:  How long does it take for them to get back to you when I have already jumped over the hurdles (thanks to the input from this board and some very special friends) and all, it appears, that I'm waiting for is to get approved by the insurance?
Thanks,
Kellyn  :)
Deweyscts
on 8/8/08 4:11 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Hi .... Just so you know Ive been waiting  since November of 2007.  

Dewey
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/08 1:31 am
Once the insurance has your packet I believe it is 30 days to make a decision. 
ginau
on 8/8/08 11:11 pm - mesa, AZ

that's a million dollar question !   ya know it'son  some ones desk who is most likely on vacation and then  working part time  trying to get kids ready for school.  - JK - it just takes time - they have lots of requests they have to process , My rule of Thumb is  to allow 2 weeks and start calling --  Untill  it comes to your Dr office - then  I go to calling every 3 days !!   I know your dr had a change over in office staff - So you may want to do the 3-5 day check in with them...

Good Luck !

Deanne K.
on 8/9/08 2:53 am, edited 8/9/08 2:56 am - Tucson, AZ
Kelly,
Waiting can be daunting.  Insurance companies are hard to deal with.  I waited over 31 days to get the first denial letter.  I am now in the first appeal and now we wait again.  It sometimes can take months to go through all the steps if you have too.  Don't give up and if you do get denied appeal, appeal, appeal to the end.  The insurance companies want you to give up.
Deanne
Most Active